“No better way for first and second timers to Sonoma and Nap” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 57 Food & Drink in Sonoma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Valet of the Moon Wine Tours is a unique "Designated Driver/WineTour Guide" service providing safe and affordable transportation in the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country in your vehicle or rental. Local guides, professional and knowledgeable in small family and boutique wineries where your visit may include meeting owners and winemakers. Personalized to your wine preference, experience and interests. Casual and fun tours your way!! Let us help you plan the most unique and memorable wine country experience you will ever have! We are licensed and insured to drive your rental vehicle.
Annapolis, MD
5 attraction reviews
“No better way for first and second timers to Sonoma and Nap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We just finished the second of two day long tours with Sharon as our driver. What a wonderful business concept for both the owner and guests. Sharon, who has lived in the region for 40 years completely knows her way around, not just with the wineries, but with restaurant suggestions, history, and the details of wine making. She (or her daughter) will drive your rental car and will include any of the wineries you may particularly want to visit. My recommendation is to let the expert guide you. You will find many "off the map" boutique wineries with great wine if you literally let Sharon be your complete guide. She is very personable and adaptive to your desires and tastes in wine and food. You really can't go wrong with Valet of the Moon! We were charged $35 an hour and it is a bargain, believe me, with the time and aggravation you will save. And no worries with being stop by California's finest and a breathalyzer shooting from your mouth!

Visited July 2014

“The only way to experience wine tasting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This was our second trip to Sonoma and second time to hire Sharon. She is fantastic! I had 2 places that I definitely wanted to visit and she filled in the rest based on what my husband and I like to drink. One of her recommendations was so good, we joined the wine club! Sharon is professional, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. She makes the entire process easy and pleasurable. She truly wants to give you the best experience possible and builds your day around it. She had a great stop where we picked up a delicious lunch and dined outside during one of our tastings. Instead of spending the money on one of the impersonal join-in tours (which we have tried), we much prefer planning our own day and discovering new places with Sharon. Without a doubt, we will use Valet of the Moon again.

Visited May 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Lovely day of wine tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I knew little about wine (although we drink it!) and wanted to spend a day learning, tasting, and enjoying the scenery. Sharon did a great job of setting up a day for us in Sonoma. She took us to a variety of places...everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming, and there was no pressure to buy....although we did make some purchases from each stop. A lovely day, thanks Sharon!

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Colleen made our experience great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Setting up our wine tour with Sharon and Colleen was the best idea we had! My friend and I took a two-day day trip to Napa from San Francisco and decided to spend as much time drinking as possible. So we wanted to book a driver (as recommended by a family member) and found Sharon and Colleen. Both gave us wonderful advice about how to prioritize our time with them and our itinerary. Colleen suggested two amazing, smaller wineries that we wouldn't have tried otherwise. She was warm, friendly, helpful, prepared, and very knowledgable. It was a wonderful experience and a great value!

Tustin, California
“The Best Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

A group of friends met in Sonoma for my 60th birthday celebration. We were so fortunate to find Sharon and Colleen. Sharon worked with me in advance and suggested I get a smaller car that would accommodate the group. This saved lots of money.

Colleen drove us both days and did an amazing job! She suggested wineries that were excellent and wonderful experiences. She was a pleasure to have her with us because of her knowledge of the area not only the wineries. She was so sweet to one of my guests who had difficulty walking. She drove us right up to the doors to make the journey easier.

I had a chef coming to prepare dinner and my friend had set a beautiful table except there were no napkins. We tried to find a party store in Sonoma. When we couldn't Colleen went home during one of our visits and brought napkins that matched our table cloth!!! Definitely over and beyond our expectations.

I will absolutely use Valet of the Moon on my next visit.