“Sharon's Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 76 Activities in Sonoma
More attraction details
Owner description: Valet of the Moon Wine Tour Services is a unique "Designated Driver/WineTour Guide" service providing safe and affordable transportation in the Napa/Sonoma Wine Country in your vehicle or rental. Local guides, professional and knowledgeable in small family and boutique wineries where your visit may include meeting owners and winemakers. Personalized to your wine preference, experience and interests. Casual and fun tours your way!! Let us help you plan the most unique and memorable wine country experience you will ever have! We are licensed and insured to drive your rental vehicle.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Sharon's Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

For our first trip to California, we decided to take a quick trip to wine country. Being novices we figured that taking a tour was the best way to go. Although we didn't have enough time to go with Sharon, she spent plenty of time on the phone with me giving us the in and outs of Sonoma. She suggested places to both eat and try wines, even what day to go. She was amazing and hugely helpful. If I ever spend a few days in the valley, she'll be the first person I call.

Visited June 2012
Sharon G, Owner at Valet of the Moon Private Wine Tours, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thanks Neal! I hope you had a wonderful day in Sonoma Valley Wine Country.

PA
5 attraction reviews
“Great for novices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We used the recommendation for Valet of the Moon from TripAdvisor, and had Sharon drive us from Sonoma to some Napa wineries. We had some ideas and she added some. This was a great way for us to experience Napa safely and pleasantly. She made reservations, tended to our lunch and gave us lots of helpful information.

Visited June 2012
Sharon G, Owner at Valet of the Moon Private Wine Tours, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for using our services this past week and for posting a review! I hope you enjoy the wine with friends and family. It was truly my pleasure to provide a safe, fun and memorable wine country experience. I hope to see you all again for your next visit to the area. Would love to show you around the Sonoma Wine Country area, where the owners and winemakers are so passionate about their craft!! Cheers, Valet of the Moon Wine Tours Team!
Seattle
“Relaxing Day of Wine Tasting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

On our annual Sister's Trip, we chose the town of Windsor in California's Sonoma/Napa Wine country. Windsor's Chamber of Commerce gave us names of possible tours available via limosines or drivers for our own vehicle. Since one of my sisters had a 7-passenger van, we chose the driver-provided service to drive her van. I met the driver via e-mail and telephone contact and arranged the appointment. Sharon Garrow arrived promptly at 10am to go over our route, finding out the wines we like and the places we were interested in, offering suggestions to make our trip the high-light of our stay.

We were able to visit several wineries, enjoy many tastes of wine complete with a picnic at one of the wineries. Sharon had previously picked up our lunch choices while we were busy tasting wine.

Since the day was in the 80's, she always had the van cooled down when we left each winery. Since she had to herd and please 4 women, and all are senior citizens, she met the challenge with a smile on her face.

I highly recommend this type of service for an affordable day wine tasting. We were able to cover a broader area in less time and less money with an informed guide/driver.

Sue C
State of Washington

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Top Notch Service and Knowledgeable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Extremely friendly and knowledgeable service. We really enjoyed riding wiht Sharon - not only was she a lot of fun to ride around with all day, but she made reservations for us, gave us recommendations, picked up lunch, and was extremely easy going as we were trying to take photos every stop we could.

highly recommended - definitely use Sharon if you want a great experience.

San Diego, CA
4 attraction reviews
“Another Incredible Experience with Valet of the Moon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We used Valet of the Moon wine tour services last year and upon our plan to return this year to the Sonoma area Sharon was the first one I called. Last year I planned out our day, but this year I left it to Sharon and Colleen, her daughter and our driver. It was awesome! Colleen took us to two wineries where the actual owners/winemakers poured for us - very cool. We visited several others that had incredible wine, beautiful scenery, and a great vibe. Each one was unique and different. Our stops were perfectly planned out as on this busy weekend we didn't run into big crowds, and it made for a great wine tasting experience. I would use Sharon or Colleen's services again as they are always on time and provide a hassle free and safe experience, while sharing with us places I would never know to visit!