“Circus” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
San Gabriel
“Circus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If it were not for the deliciousness of the restaurant, Sante, this experience would have been a complete flop. The entire property is in need of upgrades. From the hotel name at the entrance missing the "F" for Fairmont, to the dirty and worn out corridor carpet, to the missing grout around tiles in guest rooms, not to mention the dirty looking fountain at the entrance, this entire property appears old and worn out. It was not at all worth the $700+ for a rack room, for one night. I was appalled at the dirty linen carts left in the hallways, the dirty trays at 4:00pm, and common furniture in the rooms. While Travel & Leisure has this location's spa listed as one of the top 25, I could not for the life of me understand why. If the entire property does not scream One of A Kind Experience, then what difference does having a top spa make? None.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
carson city nev
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

beautiful historical inn sits on mineral springs I stayed in the mission suite which was so beautiful with the best jacuzzi tub. it had french doors onto my own private patio. there was a fireplace but you had to lite it yourself. not the kind you touch a switch with. I don't know how to light that so I didn't try it . it had wonderful coffee machine in your room stocked with snacks and drinks. and a complimentary bottle of wine. I would love to come back and stay here again and in that room. the town of sonoma is a short drive so you cannot walk to it. I had a wonderful massage. quite pricey. it comes with the mineral springs steam, sauna ritual which is very healing. also three pools that are mineral springs fed. the best room service ever. again pricey so was the room. but if you want the best you have to pay the price. The grounds are impeccable . everyone is super nice.

Room Tip: stay in mission suite
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our one major fault with the hotel was there was no lift. We had a baby so obviously a buggy and had to lug it up stairs constantly. This hotel is not cheap to stay in, so having to pay an extra fee for bedroom wifi was a bit of a joke.

Sante restaurant was lovely and lived up to expectation. Be careful if ordering sparkling water. The waiter will fill up your glass on a constant basis, as he/she should, however our party of 4 ended paying for 5 bottles.

The spa was lovely as was the pool area and grounds.

Well worth visiting but make sure the wallet is full!!

Stayed May 2015
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I spent one night at the Sonoma Mission Inn with my daughter and we had a delightful time.
We drove from Oakland and it was a quick trip to the hotel. When we arrived in the early afternoon our room was not quite ready so we headed for the spa. However, our room was ready within a 1/2 hour of our arrival.
There is a fee to use the facilities, but well worth it, as the mineral springs provide a nice variety along with the steam, sauna, warm pools and lap pool (which I used and was the only person there)
Somehow we missed the wine tasting, I think it was not talked up enough as we were at the hotel during that time of day, we were sorry that we did not get a chance to enjoy it.
We did eat 2 lunches and had breakfast at the hotel. All satisfying meals. The breakfast pancakes were delicious!
The breakfast dining room was not exactly on the hotel property, it seemed to border the town and I think it does need some updating.
My daughter and I had manicures, which were nice , nothing exceptional for the price ($75.00) the amenities were very basic.in the room.
It seemed that not a lot of thought was given to this area, I thought the manicure chair could have been a bit plusher, the bowls and towels might have had a more elegant look, as they were thin metal bowls (something that you might take camping)
Even though I had minor issues with some things , I still rate this hotel excellent as the room was quite comfortable, a complementary bottle of wine was left for us ,the
bathroom had La Labo soaps, shampoos etc..great towels ,robes and the bed was comfortable.
They also offered exercise classes we did not take part, but used the gym which was clean and had up to date equipment.
I have to mention the staff, very professional , ready and eager to help with a smile on their face.
I would go back to the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn next chance I get.

Room Tip: it depend on where you want to be, our room overlooked the entrance to the hotel but was quiet.
Green Features: did not notice them. I usually look for a separate trash in the room but did not see it. they did give up plastic water bottles in the room.. i would have preferred a nice water carafe with glasses, thus eliminating the need for more plastic.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Had a lovely stay here in a Mission Suite. The handsome room was quite spacious with a natural wood-burning fireplace, very comfortable bed, nice shower, large Jacuzzi tub and patio. The lobby and rooms have recently been updated and are very fresh and modern. Their water comes from the geo-thermal mineral springs below them. My only regret is not having the time to enjoy their spa or eat in their Michelin rated restaurant, Sante.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Despite having been at the Fairmont Sonoma years ago, I had to write a review of it since it was so adorable. While I am not usually a fan of “country style”, this one was just beautiful. The lobby - resembling a luxurious cabin - is spacious and decorated with a lavish and modern western feel. It has character without looking outdated and is luxurious without being pretentious. My room was small but sweet, with a cottage-like vibe overlooking the pool. This is a wonderful resort and spa for those desiring comfortably upscale accommodations during a wine tour getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Yellowknife, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 1 wonderful night and made sure to do a quick trip to the spa. Grounds are absolutely beautiful, enjoyed relaxing on the lawn with a glass of wine to start the stay. The wine tasting was nice - we ended up with complimentary passes to Benzinger. The outdoor pools at the spa area were fabulous, as were the facilities inside. Fairmont spas never disappoint! We had a Fairmont room which was small but lovely, it was fine for 2 of us for one night. We ordered breakfast in the morning, it was excellent quality for in room dining. We had booked the "uncork and unwind" package which I highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!