I have to say, the words alone- Sonoma Mission and Spa elicit a sense of decadence and indulgence, right? At least it did for me- I did the pre trip searches for "traveler" photos and reviews and they seemed pretty good. So, here is my post trip review in brief:
What I liked:
- Great location- beautiful surroundings, it's California wine country...
- My room- at first, I gotta say it was a bit creepy- old room, in the main part of the mission- I think I watch way too many ghost hunter episodes, but it was a beautiful room- well maintained and very clean! The complimentary bottle of wine was a classy touch for sure!
- Guest Services staff was top notch! Always welcoming and very polite and attentive to any needs/requests I had- thank you!!!
What I didn't get into:
- location, not much to do if you are not a wine taster (sorry- I was on a business trip)
- free wifi would have been much, much, much appreciated...
- pricey, but hey- it's in the name and location...
Overall, it's a great place for the wine folks out there as well as the traveler who wants to get away and just be somewhere quiet...it is very quiet..and romantic.
Not much of a review I know, but again it's a great place if you love wine, and old mission spas- some California history for sure.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Hotwire so you can book your Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Hotel Sonoma
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn And Spa
- Sonoma Mission Inn
- Fairmont Inn Mission Sonoma Spa
- Sonoma Fairmont