We stayed here for a five nights using our Marriott Reward points. We were looking to spend a nice and relaxing time in wine country after dealing with a personal tragedy and this hotel made us feel pampered and well taken care of. The suite we stayed in was superb with gorgeous views of the pool. The espresso machine provided in the room came in handy in the mornings as did the complimentary wine & cheese we received upon arrival. We enjoyed spending the early evenings sitting on the balcony overlooking the pool after spending the day at the wineries.
The restaurant on site (Carneros Bistro) was expensive but delicious. We decided to eat there the first evening we were there as we were tired from a long flight from the East coast. Sonoma has several good restaurants which are about a mile from the hotel.
There was a little shop in the lobby (Bean & Bottle) that had breakfast foods as well as wine tastings. We also attended a complimentary wine education class (hosted by the Carneros Bistro's sommelier) which I believe happens one a week. Highly recommended.
We found the location of this hotel to be great. You will need a car to visit the different wineries available in the area, but this is expected. The concierge was helpful in helping us decide which wineries to visit. His recommendations were spot on.
Overall we had a great stay!
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in an exquisite Sonoma Hotel offering vibrant charm in a tranquil setting. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa is less than an hour north of San Francisco and centrally located among the country's finest wineries. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our Sonoma resort's accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our Sonoma resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. The Lodge at Sonoma is also the perfect destination for corporate meetings, social events and Sonoma Wine Country weddings and wedding receptions offering 22,000 square feet of flexible event space, both indoors and out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.