“PERFECT Experience with an Extraordinary Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa

You added The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa to your Saves list
The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1325 Broadway at Leveroni & Napa Roads, Sonoma, CA 95476   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
“PERFECT Experience with an Extraordinary Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is my very first TA review and it is such a pleasure to write it for such a wonderful property and staff. I arranged for my mother and her four friends to head to Sonoma for my Mom's 70th birthday. From the moment they got off the plane to the moment they left everything was taken care of professionally and efficiently by the Renaissance staff. They were treated like VIP's from the moment they arrived, the property was lovely and the accommodations perfect for their needs. My Mom and her friends especially enjoyed being able to sit outside around the fire pits which were always lit and warm and enjoying coffee and in the evenings wine in the beautiful surroundings.

I must send special thanks to arguably the most amazing, professional and helpful hotel concierge I have ever had the pleasure to work with, Dominique Catteau. I contacted Dominique to assist with transfers, wine tours, dining reservations and she handled my requests as if my mom were her own, PERFECTLY. Her advice was spot on, and she made my mom's experience truly unforgettable. From champagne and strawberries awaiting my mom's arrival, to planning out the vineyard tours to a wonderful sampling of smaller boutique vineyards to going to the bakery and dropping a birthday cake off at the restaurant for her dinner that night, she went above and beyond and absolutely was the reason why this trip was such an overwhelming success. Upon your visit to this special property pay a visit to her and I guarantee your visit will be made truly special indeed!!

This property is a gem in wine country and the care of the staff makes it even more special! I hope to visit someday in the near future and extend my gratitude to the staff personally, but until then thank you, thank you a million times THANK YOU.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building, the location and the views are better.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Wellington, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The rooms were nice and the area was good. The maid service was great, but that is where my good review stops. We were never able to control the temperature of the room. It was always either too hot or too cold no matter what we did. The hot water tank or whatever controlled the water was soo loud it made our walls shake. And then, there was the room service or lack ther of.
We were in Sonoma visiting relatives. When my husband and I had an evening and morning to ourselves, we thought we would pamper ourselves and have breakfast in bed. Five minutes after we placed our order, we get a phone call back telling us their grill is being cleaned and they cannot provide and eggs, pancakes, meats, etc..basically anything that needs to be cooked. So we had the option of oatmeal or danish, Not, "Can you wait until the grill is cleaned?" or "We are terribly sorry...", or "Can we offer coffee to get you started until the grill is cleaned...". I mean REALLY!!!!! This is a RESORT! I am paying more than $400 per night. So instead of having a relaxing morning we had to get up and go to a restaurant. We will be flying to Sonoma frequently and will be finding a more accommodating hotel with better customer service.
We always stay in Marriott or Renaissance Hotels and I have never rated any this poorly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The entry to this hotel, on the busy end of the main street leading into downtown Sonoma, hides the true beauty of this hotel. But when you walk in, you are in a first class property all around. The lobby is nicely appointed, and the adjacent wine bar (which has evening wine tastings from the wine merchant that sells local wines inside) is a nice setting for an evening drink. The outdoor pool setting is beautiful, and there are impressive fire "pits(?)" set at table level around the outdoor seating areas...a great place to read, sip, and relax. The rooms are spacious and beautiful, with very comfortable beds. Service is excellent. My wife absolutely loved this place. The on-premises restaurant is excellent..we had breakfast and light dinners, which were superb. Overall, an outstanding place to stay.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the cottages, especially the second level cottages facing the pool. A small outs...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
67SonomaFan, Public Relations Manager at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for the kind review! We are so thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and several of our onsite perks such as The Carneros Bistro. Our Chef focuses on seasonal farm to table cuisine using the very best local ingredients! I am also delighted to hear you enjoyed our very comfortable brand new beds. We are continuously striving for improvement, and hope you will return to see our continued updates in the near future!

Katie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Loved the spa and the hotel. I would highly recommend it to friends and family. Very clean , rooms were very large , bathrooms were very clean and spacious. Property was very nice as well. Restaurant on site was delicious , gym was nice and lobby was comfy

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Gorgeous property!!!! Rooms are extremely spacious and clean and the wedding function space is phenomenal. Great location and is an easy drive from San Fran. Staff was very friendly EXCEPT the front desk. The front desk was abandoned many times during my stay and I waited 15+ minutes several times before someone wandered over to assist me. If you need something I would suggest calling down- it's a lot faster. I stayed for a wedding and I am 100% sure that we had the package that included internet. When I asked the front desk about it the staff members were whispering/arguing about if it was included or not right in front of me. It was extremely uncomfortable. They ultimately, rudely, told me it would be an additional $10-20 for the internet. It was 11 PM and I was far too exhausted to argue nor did I need it at that second. They offer a wine tasting and internet as well as a few other things I can't remember for $20 so of you are stuck paying for internet this is the best deal! I did not get very good cell phone reception anywhere on the property so if you have a cell phone you will probably have to bite the bullet and pay for the wifi. The business center only allows you to print boarding passes. Wifi is free in the lobby but it's small and was crowded the entire time I was there.

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to respond, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed our property and your stay! I am sorry to hear of the communication trouble that you experienced with our Front Office team regarding the internet and I have passed along this concern so that we may continue to provide the best experience possible for our guests. Our Resort Fee does include several other amenities aside from the internet including parking, transportation to and from the downtown plaza, a welcome bottle of wine, wine tasting daily, resort activities, a $10 credit to our Bean & Bottle wine shop or our wonderful Raindance Spa and several other perks! We hope you will return to experience everything we have to offer at The Lodge!

Warm Regards,

Katie
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The cottages would be great for a long stay with the living room, comfortable bed, and large bathroom with soaking tub. The service was great and bringing dessert from the restaurant back to the room made the perfect evening! The location was also convenient - a straight short drive from the main square.

Room Tip: The cottages are spacious and private.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed 3 nights and would rate more of a 3.5 to 4 star property and on that standard was just fine. Rooms are of a decent size, bathrrom slightly small but more significantly shower pressure not great and took awhile for hot water to show up. As some others mentioned, patio door would not securely close and lock and room could be broken into from outside. Coffee shop off the lobby which doubles aa wine bar in the afternoon had good coffee and service, and free coffee refills all day. Free shuttle within 2 or so mile area a nice touch, we used to go to dinner in town.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!