This was our second stay at the Lodge, and we definitely enjoyed it. This is a beautiful and modern hotel, but it has plenty of Wine Country charm. We are loyal Marriott travelers, and both times we have stayed, have received the complimentary upgrade to the suites. The suites have a fireplace, large (and very comfortable!) beds, soaking tubs, patio, etc. The rooms are also very clean and the staff is friendly and accommodating, which is always appreciated. The prices are a bit on the high side for this property, but comparable to similar properties in the area.
The location is a long walk from Sonoma Square, but the property offers a free shuttle in the afternoons and evenings (until 10:45PM I believe), which is great if you want to have a bottle of wine with dinner.
The only downside to this hotel is that the pool area can get very crowded and even rowdy, which does not lend itself to relaxation. There are plenty of chairs, but I saw many, many used towels and cups laying around the pool area even after it emptied out in the evening. It could have just been a particularly busy weekend when we stayed, but it was something I noticed.
Overall, great property in a great location. We will absolutely stay again when in Wine Country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in an exquisite Sonoma Hotel offering vibrant charm in a tranquil setting. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa is less than an hour north of San Francisco and centrally located among the country's finest wineries. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our Sonoma resort's accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our Sonoma resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. The Lodge at Sonoma is also the perfect destination for corporate meetings, social events and Sonoma Wine Country weddings and wedding receptions offering 22,000 square feet of flexible event space, both indoors and out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance