My family (of four - kids aged 12 1/2 and 11) recently stayed at the Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance for 6 days and 5 nights and had a great experience. The front desk professionals were just that - professional. They were courteous and attentive to our requests. As a frequent Marriott traveler this is important to me. I do not expect to have every request honored - only that they attempt to address.
I was very impressed with the check-in process - primarily because it was without a hitch, there was minimal waiting (no one sitting in the back room waiting for the "we are busy" nudge) and we were (voluntarily) given a map of downtown Sonoma.
Room location is VERY important at this hotel. If you want to be near the pool, there are many great options. If you prefer to be away, there are ample options as well. If you want to be closer to the parking lot, well.... you get the point. So, ask at the front desk before they assign your room! We stayed in the cottages, which was plenty of space for us (two double beds and a sofa bed). Each cottage also has a small outdoor patio/seating area that allowed my wife and I to connect/converse at night while the kids winded down by watching some television.
My view is that this hotel and spa is a great retreat for couples and groups (and there were plenty there) yet it is also kid friendly. My kids were very happy with the pool (heated) area. The adults ruled the hot tub and fire pit area.
You can get to a multitude of wineries (in Sonoma and Napa) within 15-30 minutes of this hotel. Downtown Sonoma is a 15 minute walk down Broadway or a quick car ride (note: you could have problems with parking). The hotel provides a shuttle to downtown as well. By the way, there is a cool tavern (Hopmonk Tavern) along Broadway (left side as you are walking/driving from the hotel to downtown) that you should check out (if you brought kids along - come Thursday night for the magician - I am not a "fan" of magicians but he was really good).
We had a great time and will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in an exquisite Sonoma Hotel offering vibrant charm in a tranquil setting. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa is less than an hour north of San Francisco and centrally located among the country's finest wineries. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our Sonoma resort's accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our Sonoma resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. The Lodge at Sonoma is also the perfect destination for corporate meetings, social events and Sonoma Wine Country weddings and wedding receptions offering 22,000 square feet of flexible event space, both indoors and out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Otel, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance