I visted Sonoma after a business trip to San Francisco in the third week of June and was reminded of the lovely time I had ten years prior....only difference now is that the town square offers more satellite or stand alone wine tasting rooms than ever before. When looking for a place to stay, I actually checked Trip Advisor first (my prior visits included B&Bs and the Sonoma Mission Inn and & Spa) and noticed that MacArthur Place had great reviews.
More than any other hotel/inn in recent memory (and I travel a lot), MacArthur Place had by far the most helpful and attentive phone reservation agents. They offered advice on driving directions (NASCAR was in town), restaurants, the spa, wineries, shops, etc. And when it came to hotel rooms and what made sense for a varying number of female friends staying together, they were honest and sensitive to financial as well as personal needs.
The room we ended up with is lovingly referred to as a "Ya Ya Deluxe" - nicely accomodating 3 people with a spacious bathroom and right next to the spa. We arrived to find champagne, yummy chocolates and tasteful decor. I'd say it was slightly better than I expected.
Two of us had spa appointments that Friday evening and although the spa is small, the treatment rooms are well appointed (very nice tubs) and the services (lavender dream for me) were great (also fairly priced).
We did eat one dinner on-site and although Saddles has cool decor, the food was not as good as I had hoped (by wine country standards).
Overall, great place and I'd stay there any time. Cheers to the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Complimentary continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 200 US Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa