Sonoma Mission Inn has a justified reputation as a first-class destination resort in -- well, near -- Sonoma, but MacArthur Place should rank right up there with the very best in wine country accommodations. There are 64 spacious rooms and suites distributed among a number of low-rise structures throughout the very spacious and well manicured grounds, which include many delightful and surprising art installations. The rooms are well furnished and very well serviced, and the staff is extremely pleasant. You could easily spend an entire day without leaving the property: strolling the gardens, relaxing by the pool, enjoying a treatment at the spa, and dining in the on-site steakhouse.
But an equally appealing feature of MacArthur Place is its proximity to the historic Sonoma Plaza, a classic town square that was the site where the Bear Flag of the California Republic was first raised. The large, leafy central park, with its many picnic tables and play structures encircling the City Hall, is ringed on all four sides by restaurants, galleries, antique and specialty stores, wine-tasting rooms, and an historic park that contains some of the original buildings from Sonoma's brief reign as the Capitol of the California Republic. You can drive there from MacArthur Place in less than five minutes, but I would recommend instead that you take a leisurely 10-minute stroll down one of the pretty residential streets (the concierge can direct you), and come upon the plaza on foot. If it's your first visit, you will be delighted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Complimentary continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 200 US Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, T4B, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa