Yes, the location is superb. Yes, our room was great. Yes, the continental breakfast was really good. Now note the number of responses to Trip Advisor comments from Bill Blum, the hotel's general manager. It is an indication of how much this hotel cares about its guests. We loved Macarthur Place, and I think that it is attention to guest's needs sets it apart. Here is my story.
My car is a Tesla Model S. For those of you who don't know, the Tesla is a fully electric car. While the car has a range of over 200 miles I was going to need to recharge on my trip to the Wine Country. I was hoping to find a high power (240 volt) outlet at which to do this in Sonoma. When my internet search for charging stations came up empty I called Macarthur Place and Mr. Blum was happy to work with me to install one at the hotel in time for our visit. I had planned ahead and started working with Mr. Blum a month before our trip. Three days before the trip he e-mailed me to say that the installation was complete! This was not a small effort in terms or time or money on the part of Macarthur Place.
I travel a great deal, and I travel around the world. I've never before had such great personal attention from a hotel.
A note to electric car owners in general and Tesla Model S owners in particular: Macarthur Place installed two NEMA 14-50 outlets for your charging pleasure. This is THE place to stay in the Sonoma Valley area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Complimentary continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 200 US Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, T4B, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa