We spent a lovely, relaxing weekend in Sonoma and would definitely stay at the Sonoma Hotel again.
+ charming decor
+ comfortable rooms and lobby
+ very reasonable prices
+ excellent location right on Sonoma Square
+ delicious, complimentary continental breakfast with assorted pastries, coffee and fresh juice
+ complimentary wine happy hour
+ the Girl & the Fig is located in the building. It has amazing food and a great bar.
+ friendly, accommodating staff and fellow patrons
+ lovely lobby excellent for rendezvous with our crew before dinner or after dinner to play cards or sip wine
+ our room had a small sofa and coffee table, which was really nice for getting together with friends to taste wine and play games.
- hot water on Saturday morning was hit-or-miss. My fellow travelers didn't experience it, but I took a less than perfect shower.
- lacks some modern amenities, like an ice machine (necessary for our white wine purchases)
- on the street parking, which was not a terrible problem for us, since we went out wine tasting during the day, but could be an issue if you want to stay in town and don't want to move your car every two hours.
- no elevator. Not an issue for us, but it was an issue for some older travelers who were staying there.
Like I said, it suited our needs very well and we'd definitely stay there again, but it may not be for everyone.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Sonoma Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.