“Bad Service ; (” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hadsten House Dining Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 58 Restaurants in Solvang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Solvang, CA
“Bad Service ; (”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2008

I have visited the Hadsten House Restaurant many times in the past for dinner and found myself going back for excellent food and service. Recently i went back and found that it would definitely be the last. The waiter didn't really understand what my date and i were saying. He brought my starter 2 minutes before my meal and kept us waiting for our drink order long past our food arrived. During our meal, we were waiting and waiting for the waiter to come back because we didn't receive the Au Jus for the steak sandwich we ordered. When he finally did come back, he had no idea what Au Jus was, even though it clearly stated it came with the sandwich on the menu. When it was time for the check, the waiter first brought the wrong check, and of course we had to wait quite a while for him to come back. He finally brought the right check, but it didn't have the appropriate discount applied, which meant waiting around again until he could fix that. By the time I could finally pay, i didn't wait for the waiter to come back and get my card, I walked it straight up to the employee standing behind the bar. As we were leaving, the receptionist asked us how our dinner was and we both started to say horrible. The receptionist didn't even wait for us to finish what we were saying and exclaimed "Good!" Overall, the food tasted okay, but the service was the worst I have ever had in any restaurant...

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Fantastic food! Best burger I ever got!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

Fantastic food! Best burger I ever got!

Galt, CA
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

My husband and I booked two nights at the Hadsten House. We ate at the Hadsten House Restaurant the first night and were so impressed, we ate there second night also! The service is wonderful, the atmosphere is very comfortable and quiet, so you can completely savor the food...it is fantastic! We highly recommend this restaurant. When paired with the hotel's restaurant package it is also a bargain.

The appetizers are extra ordinary in both taste and the large amount provided. We could have made a dinner just of them. The flavors are very distinctive and coordinate perfectly! The brie is fantastic, as is the warm spinach salad and the steamers (clams).

Each of the entrees we had was also so distinctive in flavor that we really found it difficult to move on to the next course. We just wanted to continue to savor the flavors.

The desserts followed right in line with the distinctive flavors found in the appetizers and entrees. The creme brulee was extraordinary!

If in Solvang do not miss a chance to eat at the Hadsten House Restaurant. You will not be dissapointed!

Palo Alto, CA
“Great food! Great deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

We spent two nights at the Hadsten House in Solvang and tried the bed and dinner package. The private restaurant is just wonderful (try the baked brie, the pork and the chocolate desert!).

Everything about this lodge is first class. Highest recommendation!

Los Angeles
“Fantastic Food at Hadsten's House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2008

I had visited Hadsten House before when it was under construction so was glad to return now that it is finsihed (mostly). I wanted to try the Hadsten House Restaurant as I read great things here mostly under reviews of the Hotel.
Well I had dinner there & it was Great! Fantastic Filet. Good local wine list & fair prices, especially on the appetizers and desserts. The filet was the most at $32 but was very worth it. Halibut 2nd highest at $26 (approx). They also had a great Hamburger others raved over at about $12.

They are open till 9pm most nights except weekends till 10PM. they have a very nice bar also. I would suggest reservations on weekends as they had only 1 open table when I was there. It is especially nice for folks that are staying there as no driving so you can enjoy the local wine list. they had the DiBruno Sangiovese which is one of my local favorites. Enjoy!