“good eats” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Fresno, California
“good eats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

the food here is pretty good nothing fantastic like all the locals rave about, and the prices are a little high for a drive inn, but i guess thats the price you pay being in a tourist town,, but i will return

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

52% Recommend
SoCal
“Good for small eats-Not a drive-in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My teenage son and I stopped in here as soon as we reached Solvang because it looked like it wasn't busy, had a varied menu, had outdoor seating where our dog was allowed, and we were pretty hungry. My son had taquitos and a chocolate shake, and I had a chili dog. The taquitos were not a very good value, very small and few in number, and my son was still hungry when he finished them. The chocolate shake was good enough and easy to drink, not too thick. I thought the chili dog was really good. A nice sized frank and tasty chili. The food seemed to take a very long time to prepare, and it was not busy at the time, but the people who worked there were nice. I would not hesitate to stop in again, but it's not a terrific value or a must-visit type of place. I didn't eat anywhere else in town, so I'm not sure how it would compare value-wise, but I'd bet it's on the less expensive side of the spectrum. Not sure why it's called a drive-in, but maybe it was back in the day. It's more of a walk-up now. It's a good place to stop for a snack before you hit the rest of the town, or before you head out of town.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“50's style drive-in”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Very average with prices on the high side. They do have malts though !!

Visited February 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
“very disappointing,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

the burger was awful, nothing special, would never go back

southern Indiana
“Just average.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stopped in Solvang for the night and just wanted a burger instead of a full meal. We found Big Bopper, and ordered a Solvang burger (reg. hamburger) and a 1/4 lb burger, both with pickle, onion, & mustard only. When the burgers came, they were fully dressed, adding lettuce, tomato, and mayo instead of mustard. The meat is just a small frozen patty that's put on a grill, nothing special. Our bill came to around $9 for just the 2 burgers. While they didn't taste bad, I just wouldn't go back again.

• Visited September 2011