“Great stay in Solvang” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hadsten House

You added Hadsten House to your Saves list
Hadsten House
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1450 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA 93436 (Formerly Vagabond Inn Solvang)   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Thousand Oaks, California
“Great stay in Solvang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Tried this place for the first time and I'm definitely a fan. Room was lovely with updated furnishings and flat screen tv-- looks just like the pictures online. Had a fridge in the room and coffee maker which is so handy for traveling. Gorgeous wood floors in the bathroom, comfy bed, and delicious breakfast. We had eggs, bacon and the best granola ever! Yum!! Location is perfect to walk to the shops in Solvang and although it was close to the road, I didn't hear any noise. We stayed on a downstairs floor and I didn't hear anything from upstairs either. Nice, quiet night's sleep. Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Kahala, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was there for a business trip casino tourney at Chumash... Chumash was full & I am glad they were but it was them who recommended The Hadsten house... Arrived mid afternoon, parked right in front of my room...My room looked as if all furnishings & flat screen & all bathroom fixtures were brand new!!! If wasn't room was spotless! Surprised at indoor heated pool & jacuzzi, went out to casino... I did notice the Chumash van in the parking lot but opted to drive myself as I did not believe they ran after midnight.. I then came back for a quiet sleep, I awoke walked about 50' to restaurant on the property which had your typical cold cereal & fruits section & then you hat the hot french toast, pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, breads, desserts all for FREE!!! This alone was worth it & warranted a repeat customer & have already told friends about this place & it was exactly like I said... they too loved that awesome breakfast!!! *** I am a frequent traveler & have a portable little black light which I use to check the bed for cleanliness & they passed with flying colors, actually was told to run finger behind mirror or tops of lamps - ya know the white glove test & he lost the bet as there was no dust!! Hats off to the cleaning crew at the Hadsten House!!! ****

Room Tip: I was on upper level floor so wasn't able to hear any foot traffic from upstairs guest..all room...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This looks like your average motel with outside parking by the room but the inside is VERY nice and quite comfortable. The breakfast was quite good, a hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc. Very good location as you can walk to the shops and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed in my recent stay at Hadsten House. From the website, I thought it was a recently remodeled hotel or inn, not a motel. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but noisy. There was no turn down service at night. The breakfast was nice, but obviously put together on a budget. The bath was small and still looked like a typical motel bath with crown molding. I stayed at the Santa Ynez inn earlier in the week and there is simply no comparison between the two for the same price. I felt the advertising was misleading and the price was very high for the amenities that were offered.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

For my first visit to Solvang, we stayed here, and I was pleasantly surprised. It was within walking distance to good restaurants and shopping. Our room was very comfortable - the bed was large and fluffy, the couch was comfy with plenty of room to stretch out, and I particularly enjoyed the faux fireplace - made for a cozy evening. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Solvang!

Room Tip: Try to get ground floor - no elevators.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hadsten House in early April on a business trip in a room with two queen beds. The furnishings are newer and the room decor is upscale. The bed was very comfortable. The pillows in the room were down filled, which I am allergic to. I called the front desk and housekeeping was there in just a couple of minutes to replace the pillows for me. This is actually the second time I have stayed here and I was pleased both times. Sometimes I have to travel on very short notice and its nice to know about this hotel because I can count on a comfortable stay. Its handy to everything in town, the breakfast is good, and the price is reasonable for the area. Unfortunately, they do not have a gym or workout room but they do have an indoor pool which I did not have an opportunity to use. They keep the property looking very nice as well. They seem to take pride in the appearance of the property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Twain Harte, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful visit here several years ago, so my friend and I made reservations here in anticipation of the afternoon wine tasting and breakfast featuring Olsen's pastries. The hotel is now owned by the local Chumash tribe, and the wine tasting has been eliminated along with the pastries. We ate just part of the breakfast and crossed the street for pastries at the bakery. We would have paid more for the room to have these treats back! The lighting in the room is poor, and when I mentioned this as we checked out, the clerk said we could have asked for reading lamps. A note in the room would have helped! We did enjoy the binder of restaurant menus at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hadsten House? Share your experiences!