We first started going to The Alisal about 15 years ago. Thank God this place does not change with time. This is a working cattle ranch about 30 miles north of Santa Barbara, next to President Ronald Reagan's old ranch.
The bungalows are comfortable but basic - no air conditioning, TV, phone or wifi. Some will be disappointed but most will be delighted: a real chance to get away from it all! The are plenty of things to do such as horseback riding, archery, air rifles and fishing for starters. The bungalow interiors and pool are a throwback to the 70s but don't let that fool you. Breakfast and dinner are included and the food is delicious and the service superb. The portions are generous and I've never felt hungry at lunchtime.
We've been at The Alisal during various times of the year. I would recommend avoiding summer, as things can get hectic from all the families with kids. If you can, go right before school gets out or shortly after it resumes. At those times, the ranch is more peaceful and relaxing and the staff is able to be more flexible and attentive to the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort is located in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley and renowned Santa Barbara County wine country. Privately owned and operated since 1946, the Alisal is a working cattle ranch and full-service resort. This historic ranch is one of four original Spanish land grants on the west coast given to conquistador Raimundo Carrillo in the late 1700’s. Today, the romance and majesty of the old west remain in the wide-open spaces and unspoiled natural beauty of the Alisal. They serve as a reminder of simpler times and as an invitation to those with a taste for adventure. As California's premier guest ranch, the Alisal transports guests back to a bygone era. Set on a 10,000-acre working cattle ranch, this one-of-a-kind resort blends the best of nature with exceptional golf, horseback riding, tennis, fishing on a 100-acre private lake, fitness center and spa, children's activities, barnyard activities and fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisal Guest Ranch Hotel Solvang
- Alisal Guest Ranch And Resort
- Alisal Hotel Solvang
- Alisal Resort Solvang
- Alisal Ranch Solvang
- The Alisal Guest Ranch