“Great Package” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Arcadia, California
“Great Package”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is good for the price that we paid. I think we got a good deal by purchasing their wine package deal for 2 people with the hotel. It was well worth it and the tour guides picked us up onsite and dropped us back off. Wonderful since no one I know wants to get a DUI.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here the middle of June on my way home. I am a senior and am very fussy about where I stay when traveling alone. The Inn was in the middle of town next to the visitor information booth and you could walk everywhere. I checked out the room before I said yes and two of the things I liked was that there were no windows facing the parking lot and the large sliding door to the pool area had sheers under the drapes so as long as I did not have a light on I could keept the drapes open and no one could see in. Even though this room was on the ground floor (a no-no when traveling alone) I felt safe. The room had a fridge, micro, comfortable bed, tolietries and was clean. I did not use the pool but the hot tub was just the right temperature for staying awhile. The check in lady was very nice and helpful and the checkout lady was polite. The breakfast of coffee, juice and pastries was ok but by the time I arrived the pastry selection was limited. I thought it was a good value for $99 but I stayed the middle of the week and they raise their prices on the weekend and holidays. They also had a coupon for a discount at Solvang Restaurant. I had corn chowder and ableskivers and the chowder was good but with so many other good bakeries in town had I had better pastries elsewhere. My favorite shop was the chocolate store. I will definately stay here again even if I am not alone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Yorba Linda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place is pretty good for the price. The bed was comfortable enough for my husband and I. The restroom was clean and I liked that the sink and counter was outside the bathroom so I can put my makeup on while my husband was using the bathroom. The bars and restaurants were walking distance to the hotel so no need to drive anywhere. For one or two nights this place is fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Syosset, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Great location in the middle of Solvang. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The service was very good. Nothing fancy here but certainly adequate and reasonably priced. We enjoyed our stay and we would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location with free parking. Rooms were good-sized with refrigerator but still a little shabby. My major complaint with the motel was the maid service. The maid walk in even though we had a do not disturb sign on the door. But even more discerning was that after we returned from a whole day of touring our door was wide open. When we asked about it at the front desk they apologized and said staff should've checked before they left for home

• Stayed July 2012
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This property is nicely situated in Central Solvang, and a great jumping off point. A guest could leave the car in the parking lot for their stay and walk to everything, if desired. The inn has an overall "well traveled" feel on the exterior, and could use a spruce-up on some exterior finishes (carpeting in common areas, fresh paint, etc.). On the other hand, the rooms themselves are freshly updated, ample in size, and include a refrigerator and microwave.

That said, our family was not sure what the Mystery Gel in the dispenser in the shower was for, but it did not work well as either Shampoo or Soap. Just bring your own shampoo, and avoid that dispenser. You'll be able to spring for the expensive shampoo, becasuse the room is so reasonable.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Northamptonshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Lovely hotel, right in the heart of Solvang. Room had absolutely everything we needed, two doubles, air con, fridge, free wifi, free parking, coffee etc.
Hotel had free continental breakfast which they happily allow you to take to your room.
Heated outdoor pool and hot tub - fabulous after a days travelling.
Our only negative, for Solvang, not the hotel, was that most things closed early evening. However there was a chinese restaurant and a pub/restaurant open for dinner. Its a very quiet place, very different from LA which we had just left - in a good way:)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to King Frederik Inn? Share your experiences!