“Best in solvang” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Solvang
miami
“Best in solvang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

You won't be disappointed here...a very nice boutique hotel. Rooms are new clean and very modern. No noise in my room and I faced the road.

One thing I must mention...when you walk in, check in is done as you sit down in a nice chair. How come no other hotel does this. Someone was using their brain.

It's a block off the beaten path but solvang is tiny. You won't notice.

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Tampa Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hotel Corque was my favorite hotel that I stayed in during my one week trip to the area. It is beautiful....the room was great! I was told by many that it is the best hotel in Solvang. I would definitely stay there on future trips. It is large, clean, beautifully decorated. It's the best!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I visit Solvang every year when I'm out in Santa Barbara visiting my sister. I've stayed in several hotels, but some cater to couples (only one bed in a room). As I was traveling with my sister we wanted two queen beds. We were very pleasantly surprised with how nice everything was here at this hotel. They had totally remodeled it sometime recently. Very upscale! Sheets and pillows very luxurious, nice bathroom, many of the rooms have lovely views and balconies. No breakfast, but we knew that ahead so we made use of the in-room fridge. Also, the gentleman that checked us in was very helpful and accommodating. We'll definitely come back!

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and my two sisters visiting from out of town so that we could do the "Sideways" tour, since they loved the movie and had never done this particular wine country. On my prior trips to the Santa Barbara County Vintners Association spring wine festival, we've stayed at the Marriott in Buellton, and twice at a hotel in Lompoc. This time, since my sisters and I are partly of Danish descent, I thought it would be fun to stay in Solvang, and Hotel Corque got the best reviews. We were not disappointed!
First off, I had researched and found a killer rate of $99/night on TravelZoo, but when I went to book it, TravelZoo had indicated that the offer was no longer available. I called Hotel Corque and spoke with a very nice kid named Josh, who gave me the $99 rate on both of our rooms -- one king and one with two queens. I doubt he had to do that, and I really appreciated the gesture. He explained that they were ground level rooms at that rate, which I never like, but I was willing to give it a try since I know what it usually costs to stay here.
Upon arriving after a very exhausting and long 5-1/2 hour drive from San Diego, we were checked in promptly and were given really lovely adjoining rooms on the second floor -- not the ground floor! It was absolutely perfect. The appointments were gorgeous, and the bed was very comfortable. There was free, fresh coffee in the lobby each morning if you didn't feel like making it in the room, and the little refrigerator came in handy to store our leftovers from our wonderful dinners out (Los Olivos Cafe and The Hitching Post II). They even provided two small complimentary water bottles next to the coffee maker and another two were chilling in the fridge.
Check out was noon, I believe, although we were out by about 10:30 so that we could hit our first winery at 11. After just having stayed at not one but two places back east that had brutal 10 a.m. checkouts, it was refreshing not having to call the front desk and grovel for some extra time.
We will definitely stay here again as I also had a chance to eyeball a few of the other places I had considered booking (Hadsten House, Kronenberg Inn, etc.). I thought the other places were cute, but it was like comparing motels to a really nice hotel. In other words, no comparison. I can also say that although eating at Root 246 didn't work into our plans on this trip (it's closed on Mondays and maybe Tuesdays, as well?), I have eaten there once before and it was fabulous.

Room Tip: I think our room on the second floor overlooked the parking lot, so I don't know if there are on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is one of the nicer hotels in Corque. We were in town for a wedding. The check in was very easy. The person checking us in was friendly and efficient. The room itself was clean and roomy with a nice bathroom. There are only 3 floors in the hotel and you didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. The only complaint was the refrigerator in the room was old and making a lot of noise. We unplugged it. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance from everything.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went for just 1 night, and were put into a room right off the lobby at first. I was very disappointed as it was dark and loud outside of the door. I asked to be moved, and at first, I was told that the hotel was booked, but then they were able to change my room AND give me a better rate. We moved from the first floor in a King room, to the top floor in a 2 Queen Room. The 2 Queen room was larger, though it didn't have a lounge chair. The beds were big and comfy.

Kudos to the desk staff for accommodating us and being so pleasant about it.

Also, they don't nickel and dime you. THe WiFi is adequate and free, free newspapers, and free coffee round the clock. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Aim for the top floor (3rd floor) with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel Corque give you a feeling if truly being away. I suggest staying during the week when the hotel is a little more quiet. The one down side about this hotel is you have the few random people staying here thinking they are "high rollers" and are a little hard to handle due to the fact that Chumash Casino gives many discounted rates to the hotel if the play at their casino. The hotel is in a great location to venture Solvang. You can wine taste and walk back to the hotel with ease. If you're a gambler but don't like the buzz of a casino hotel, then this is the place for you. Free shuttles take you to and from the casino at all hours.

The pool is nothing extravagant here, but it is very peaceful as long as the select few loud mouthed people aren't there.

All together, it's a nice hotel, staff for the most part has it together and are friendly. Some of the management I the hotel are hard to judge due to the fact that they feel they are managing the Ritz Carlton and have a little pompous attitude, and at the same time, don't do too much to accommodate you if something is troublesome.
Prior to my last stay, I never had a problem here, so I am hoping it is an isolated incident, however I must explain what happened.
There was a loud party next to my room and they kept us up until 4:00 am. We went to the front desk to complain and they said they would take care of it. Finally after two or three complaints they took care of it, however, we were still kept up till 4 AM.
In the morning when the manager was in, I spoke with him about the situation and how we were kept up late and did not get a good nights sleep. He was not very accommodating due to the fact that my club Playcard for the Chumash Casino wasn't as high as he felt that it should have been. He claimed that I I had spent more money at the Casino, he could've helped me. I simply explained to him that I was up there to make deposits and purchases for a wedding we were planning to have at their hotel. Therefore, through out my 2 day stay, I spent nearly $5,000.00 trying to get things together for a wedding. Since this situation happened, we have decided to pull our wedding location from the hotel out of fear that out 100 plus guests that would be staying there may get the same treatment we did when we had a issue. Another side note, I gave the hotel the chance to make things up to me by writing a long email directly to the hotel manger who I spoke with, and 6 plus months later, I have never heard back. Sort of sad they lost a $20,000 plus wedding over something so simple.
Aside from the problems of our last stay, the hotel all together is great. Would I stay there again? I probably would, however, an apology from the management would be nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!