“Nice Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Los Angeles, California
“Nice Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is one of the nicer hotels in Corque. We were in town for a wedding. The check in was very easy. The person checking us in was friendly and efficient. The room itself was clean and roomy with a nice bathroom. There are only 3 floors in the hotel and you didn't have to wait long for it to arrive. The only complaint was the refrigerator in the room was old and making a lot of noise. We unplugged it. The hotel is in a great location. Walking distance from everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went for just 1 night, and were put into a room right off the lobby at first. I was very disappointed as it was dark and loud outside of the door. I asked to be moved, and at first, I was told that the hotel was booked, but then they were able to change my room AND give me a better rate. We moved from the first floor in a King room, to the top floor in a 2 Queen Room. The 2 Queen room was larger, though it didn't have a lounge chair. The beds were big and comfy.

Kudos to the desk staff for accommodating us and being so pleasant about it.

Also, they don't nickel and dime you. THe WiFi is adequate and free, free newspapers, and free coffee round the clock. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Aim for the top floor (3rd floor) with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hotel Corque give you a feeling if truly being away. I suggest staying during the week when the hotel is a little more quiet. The one down side about this hotel is you have the few random people staying here thinking they are "high rollers" and are a little hard to handle due to the fact that Chumash Casino gives many discounted rates to the hotel if the play at their casino. The hotel is in a great location to venture Solvang. You can wine taste and walk back to the hotel with ease. If you're a gambler but don't like the buzz of a casino hotel, then this is the place for you. Free shuttles take you to and from the casino at all hours.

The pool is nothing extravagant here, but it is very peaceful as long as the select few loud mouthed people aren't there.

All together, it's a nice hotel, staff for the most part has it together and are friendly. Some of the management I the hotel are hard to judge due to the fact that they feel they are managing the Ritz Carlton and have a little pompous attitude, and at the same time, don't do too much to accommodate you if something is troublesome.
Prior to my last stay, I never had a problem here, so I am hoping it is an isolated incident, however I must explain what happened.
There was a loud party next to my room and they kept us up until 4:00 am. We went to the front desk to complain and they said they would take care of it. Finally after two or three complaints they took care of it, however, we were still kept up till 4 AM.
In the morning when the manager was in, I spoke with him about the situation and how we were kept up late and did not get a good nights sleep. He was not very accommodating due to the fact that my club Playcard for the Chumash Casino wasn't as high as he felt that it should have been. He claimed that I I had spent more money at the Casino, he could've helped me. I simply explained to him that I was up there to make deposits and purchases for a wedding we were planning to have at their hotel. Therefore, through out my 2 day stay, I spent nearly $5,000.00 trying to get things together for a wedding. Since this situation happened, we have decided to pull our wedding location from the hotel out of fear that out 100 plus guests that would be staying there may get the same treatment we did when we had a issue. Another side note, I gave the hotel the chance to make things up to me by writing a long email directly to the hotel manger who I spoke with, and 6 plus months later, I have never heard back. Sort of sad they lost a $20,000 plus wedding over something so simple.
Aside from the problems of our last stay, the hotel all together is great. Would I stay there again? I probably would, however, an apology from the management would be nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

It is a nice hotel and as far a putting a nice face on an old barn, they did a good job. But this is far from a "boutique" hotel, that was obvious when we pulled in along with two tourist buses. It is also a billboard for the Chumash Casino, and we were sold a "Mission View Room" with this description... "All Mission rooms feature either a private balcony or patio and a view of the Old Mission Santa Ines." Take a look at the photo of the view of the Old Mission Santa Ines...

Room Tip: Don't get sucked into taking a special room. The hotel is nice, but there is no reason to pay e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Solvang, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Corque several times this year, and we love it.

The front lobby is stylish- and patrons will normally be checked in at a desk, versus standing in line at a counter. We have always had very courteous and helpful service- so we are surprised at the comments from some of the other reviewers. The last time we went, the lady who checked us in went out of her way to provide a long list of restaurants in the area that provide a discount using the Chumash Card. The gentleman sitting at the opposite desk went online and gave us even more information while we finished the check in process. Again- we have always had the kindest service from the folks at the front desk- whether we were in a long line to check in, or we were the only ones there.

Ff you request a specific room type, you will absolutely be given the room of your choice (provided they have one available). This hotel is a hot spot for wedding parties, so the summer and fall months can get a bit busy. But call early enough and request a balcony with a view of the Santa Ynez mountains, and you're in.

We have stayed on the third floor, the second floor, the first floor with patio, and the studio with no balcony. All of the rooms are lovely- and we have never heard anyone loud in the rooms above ours. The decor is lovely, the beds are made with super comfortable linens and duvet; the only thing I would request is a couple extra pillows, as 2 pillows on the large queen size is just not enough to be cozy.

The bathrooms are wonderful- we actually prefer the set up without the bathtub. This layout has 2 sinks on opposing walls with plenty of counter space- and the shower seems just a bit bigger than the bathroom with tub. There is a vanity mirror, delicious smelling soap and lotion, and plenty of fluffy towels.

The room comes with empty mini-fridge, perfect for wine and cheese, but no mini bar. This is one area they should consider. There's a coffee maker in the room with coffee, tea and hot cocoa, and a large flat screen TV. Only problem with the TV- there is no FOX News!!

The adjoining restaurant, Root 246, is a great spot for bar snacks and yummy cocktails. They're always coming up with new beverage combinations, and they have the best smoked ice cubes for the Old Hickory drink. We typically have Sunday brunch here- it is a small buffet, but the food quality is top notch, and the service is impeccable. A big shout out for Ida, Israel, Jessica and the tall male bartender (darn it, can't remember his name!) with the lovely smile always on his face. The flatbreads are amazing with fresh arugula and the meat/cheese special of the day. The merguesa (sp?) was spicy good, the burgers are great- and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of food.

All in all, this is an excellent hotel in the heart of Wine Country- and they provide shuttle service to the Chumash Casino, which is 4 miles down the road. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, the staff is friendly, the restaurant has great food-- and it's a nice alternative to the cute Danish hotels.

One tip- if you do go to the Chumash Casino, make sure to sign up for their Players Card. It's free to sign up, and I think they give you $50 in free play. If you play enough, you earn points for discounts on rooms, spa treatments and buffets (this hotel only has Sunday brunch; the Casino has a large buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner- try Thursday night for the Southern BBQ). And if you can make a trip on Tuesday, they provide double your "free play" points.

Room Tip: The Mission View rooms on the right side of the hotel have better views of the Mission, golf course...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
vandenberg village, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very impressed by the staff and the facility. From the minute we walked in until we left, everyone was helpful and friendly. Room was nice and at first the lack of a tub was a disappointment. They we realized the second sink and shower were better for short visit. Lobby was very nice. read from others that they received a newspaper but nothing for us?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

After a long drive from San Francisco my wife and I arrived at this hotel. We were greeted and told that we were upgraded to a suite. When we entered the room it was very clean and had a tub that could fit me. (I'm tall 6'6") the bed could've been more comfortable but we were still able to enjoy our night.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!