“One of the Best in Solvang” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Corque
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Alisal Road, Santa Ynez Valley, Solvang, CA 93464   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Alhambra, California
“One of the Best in Solvang”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Outstanding choice in location, amenities and service. Conveniently located walking distance to shops....if crowded, go to Mission Santa Ynez (directly behind Hotel) and walk the grounds. Had one slight problem with shower head, it was reported and immediately remedied. The hotel's restaurant was not opened during my stay but the desk clerk was helpful in recommending a late night restaurant. I had the best time at the Chumash Casino because I won two jackpots! The hotel provides a shuttle hourly but, it was so close, I took my own car.

I've always wanted to stay at this hotel but the rates were too high for my budget. TripAdvisor offered a one-month special in June and I was able to enjoy a relaxing 2-day stay at this wonderful hotel. Thank you TripAdvisor! If at regular rate, I would suggest staying at the Santa Ynez Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

One of the nicest hotels in Solvang. The staff was helpful and friendly. the lobby was lovely and not over done. Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was lovely and had 2 sinks, I love that detail. The one downfall was the bathroom lighting: it was really dim for my liking. I had to put make up on in the room because I just could not see well. Free parking and an easy walk to anyplace in town make this hotel the place to stay when in town.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed in the Presidential suite over the weekend for a 40th birthday celebration. As REPEAT GUESTS, we knew exactly which room we wanted to stay in for this big weekend. Unfortunately, our stay was anything but relaxing and enjoyable. Considering the Presidential suite is around $750/night, we were treated with absolutely no appreciation or engagement in terms of guest experience.

I placed multiple calls to room service Sunday morning, in which I was put on hold for so long that I eventually hung up. What's even more shocking was no one even thought about calling me back to see what I needed!!!! I was appalled that I can't even have a bagel delivered to my room. We're in a $750/night suite and after repeated calls for room service, management can't seem to understand that we AT LEAST deserve a call back!!!!

Check-out time was noon and check-in time was 4:00. UNANNOUNCED knock at our door 15 minutes after check-out time with a luggage cart to hurry us out of the room!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Then, at the front desk to check-out there was not a question of how was our stay, how was our weekend, and the lack of personality from the front desk staff was absolutely apparent when the only words that came out of his mouth was "PERFECT, PERFECT"!!!!

Our experience at the Hotel Corque this past weekend in the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE was anything BUT perfect!!! We had 2 other rooms booked and in combination totaled $1500 in revenue, we did not receive appropriate service. If you are visiting Solvang and considering spending similar budgets, look elsewhere!!!

Room Tip: Read the reviews!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at Corque--our second visit. We had the "King Treetop Room". It was on the 3rd floor overlooking trees on Alisal Road in Solvang (room 308). The room is described as having French Doors which open to the treetop view; understand that it is not a patio, which we did and we were fine with that. (Rooms are available with patios.) The room provided plenty of space for 2 people overnight--a comfortable sitting area, desk and chair, king bed, and bathroom with 2 sinks and a terrific magnifying mirror (which more hotels should provide!) No tub and that was OK. Thick, clean towels in an immaculate bathroom with very nice soaps. The room was very clean as well and in excellent condition. Our check-in and out was handled professionally yet friendly. All the staff we encountered, whether behind a desk or in the hall, were helpful and friendly. The hotel is nicely situated in Solvang--close enough to walk to shops and wine bars yet far enough from main street traffic to be quiet at night. Included in the price is WiFi internet, a shuttle to the Chumash casino, complimentary coffee and tea all day long, a well kept pool and spa, parking is free, too. Considering these amenities, the hotel is well priced for all that you get.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Myself, my husband and our 15 year old son stayed here in May 2013. The hotel is cute, and just off the main portion of all that is Solvang. We didn't realize there was a Mission right here, so we were able to visit there as well. Solvang is so fun and different. We found a shop that had Cloudberries (which I can never find anymore), ate at Heidelberg Inn and had incredible Danish sausages for lunch. Everything was very fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Hotel Corque and we were not disappointed. First off, Hotel Corque is a bit pricey but has a lot of nice amenities such as free parking, plush bathrobes, very clean rooms, free computer use in the business room, very nice pool, friendly staff, shuttles to the Chumash casino and free coffee. We arrived early and just wanted to park the car at the hotel and walk around Solvang. The receptionist at the front desk told us our room was ready. That was a really nice surprise! After our walk around Solvang we went for a very refreshing swim in the pool. The pool is located in an area with lots of sun and a great view of the Santa Ynez valley. If you prefer not to swim you can lounge around the pool. It's a perfect spot to just relax and let go of all your stress. My husband and I woke up to the sound of mission bells and I went to 8:00 mass at Santa Ines mission. The mission is near the hotel. Visiting the Corque feels as though you are in Denmark and also going back in time to old Spanish California. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit!

Room Tip: Ask for the mission view and mountain view room on the 2nd and 3rd floor with a balcony. On our 2nd...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brodhead, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Visited my son, who lives in LA and we wanted an adventure away fro the city. This was his find and I must say a good one. It's a beautiful ride from LA...dispite the fires at the time. It is much cooler than I expected...trying to escape the neverending winters of Wisconsin...ha! The hotel and staff were marvelous! Clean, quiet, and wecoming. We took shuttle to casino for a few slots n dinner, then hit 360 for cheese n wine later...not much open late at night for my nightowl son...but quiet n time to chat was best for this mom! The town was quaint n fun.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!