“Great Place to Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Solvang
Anaheim, California
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This quaint hotel was great! Very fast check-in, they even offered us a 'discount card' for about 20 local wineries that offer either free or 2-for-1 wine tastings! Bear in mind, there are only about 15 rooms total, so don't wait too long to book.

Would definitely come back here next time!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Braunfels, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The only minor complaint was not having a king size bed available since we are use to one at home and had the same problem in our recent stay in Germany...but on the positive side:
1. very convent access to walk to any place we wanted to see in Solvang...
2. really appreciated the courtesy shown by the front desk, especially the willingness to obtain our boarding passes for our flight back to Texas...
3. room and grounds very clean
4. enjoyed a bottle of wine in the evening sitting in the gazebo...
5. nice big shower
Would be glad to recommend a stay at the Hamlet to anyone....,.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We didn't book any accommodation for our holiday, except for our first night in LA. We drove up to Solvang on our second day and decided to stay at the Hamlet Inn as it was about the cheapest we could find in Solvang. We were pleasantly surprised at how extremely comfortable the bed was. Our long flight must have caught up with us and we slept til 9.30am. Hubby said the people in the room next door had a screaming baby but I didn't hear it. The room was nice and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Studio City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent a couple days here while attending an event in Los Olivos. The place is exactly as described. Small, quaint, and cool. It was right in the middle of town and walking distance to great little bars and restaurants like Root 246. Very minimalist Danish modern. We will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We loved the Hamlet Inn! The rooms are spartan and simple, but they have everything you need and are incredibly comfortable. Think Ikea (ok, it’s Swedish, not Danish) in a red and blue motif. The staff was great – very friendly in a warm, casual kind of way. The inn is steps away from the heart of Solvang, and very easy to access off the highway. The value for money is amazing, and we will stay here again on our next pass through town. We only wished we were staying in the area longer in order to take advantage of their free bikes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We travel from San Francisco to Los Angeles three or four times a year and usually break our trip at Solvang. We have stayed in several Solvang motels, but on the last trip we stayed at the Hamlet Inn and I think we will stay there again on our next trip. The room was a bargain compared to other motels in Solvang and it was clean. The location right in the middle of town can't be beat. The room was furnished in what I would call hip-modern. My only complaint was that the bedside lamp was so modern it didn't give off enough light to read by, but my trusty portable book light came to the rescue. I noticed they had bicycles available for use and although we didn't have time to cycle, I am sure it would be fine if someone was spending some time in Solvang.

Room Tip: We were in a room close to the street, but it wasn't noisy. The place is so small I don't th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tulare, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I found the the Hamlet Inn when searching hotels in Solvang. I picked it do, to it's rating and my budget. Keep in mind nothing is cheap in Solvang, for an average joe like me. The Hamlet rooms are plain, but clean I did read other review talking about stains, we I didn't see any and believe me my wife looked. The room is equipped, a flat screen TV, and small refrigerator, blow dryer, coffee maker and an iPod docking station which I thought was a nice touch. There is NO microwave, but that's okay we ate out the whole time. The staff was extremely nice, and very helpful, so much so that we ended up staying an extra night.
It is also in a great location right on the main strip, at night you can relax on the small patio with a good view of Solvang all lite up at night.

Overall, there are more pros than cons, I would stay here again and I give it 4/5 stars.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hamlet Inn? Share your experiences!