“Sweet deal and very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Hamlet Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1532 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA 93463   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
san francisco
“Sweet deal and very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My son and I were visiting UC Santa Barbara and we stayed overnight in Solvang because I was curious about Solvang and it seemed to be less expensive to stay there than SB overall. The Hamlet Inn is not a super fancy hotel, but it is charming and comfortable, close to all the great little restaurants in Solvang, and the hotel staff go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. They gave us a room with two bedrooms, which was ideal for a stay with a teenager. A free breakfast is included at the bakery across the street from the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are staying with family, ask for a room with two bedrooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Date: July 29, 2011 6:17:12 PM PDT
To: info@thehamletinn.com

Hello!

Thank you for making our stay in Solvang (our first overnight at the village actually) a very memorable one.

We appreciate the hospitality that you've shown us. No doubt that we will be back at the Hamlet Inn on our next visit, if we decide again to
spend the night.

Very very convenient spot. right across is the famous Paula's Pancake House, and 5 min walk to the neighborhood grocery that is open til 11pm. (goods are priced reasonably!!)

We stayed at Room 3, right behind your office and I took some souvenir shots, and we'd like to share it with you. Hope you like it. Pardon the quality, I only took it with my Nokia.

****Carpet needs shampooing, because dirt sticks to your feet when barefooted.....but other than that, we love it!...Very very clean little bathroom too! A hanging table so you can eat your takeout,while watching tv on their Lcd which is mounted on the wall, ..which makes the room more spacious. We have a queen airbed for kids that fits really well, and you can even fit a twin airbed on the other side if you want... We will be back and get the suite room next time! Thanks Hamlet Inn!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

I was coming in from a ride from Pismo Beach and had booked ahead to stay at the Hamlet Inn with my friends I was with. After battling through the heat and hills i was exhausted!!! When we arrived we didnt realize how cool and central this place actually was. We were put up in their Suite at no extra charge and immediately we started feeling better. The room had These funky lights, really comfy beds and great bathroom facilities. What really got me was the reading nook in the side of the room which had a sheepskin rug that you lay on while looking out the window. I got some reading done and was the perfect place to unwind.
We then proceeded to grab a game of bocce and beers and while we were done with riding for the day we saw that had cute cruisers with classic front carriages. Across the road is the Solvang brewing co. which has a great selection of beers with a great blend of californian and dutch brewing styles. So good!!!
Whilst i havent stayed in other hotels in Solvang I couldn't recommend the Hamlet Inn enough. The people were really sweet and helpful and the room was fantastic and clean. Just what the doctor ordered!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011 via mobile

Clean rooms with great stylish design and the Inn has a perfect location, near restaurants, wine tasting at the Wandering Dog and the Danish Village Bakery. Good value for money and there are bikes to borrow for free! We had a great stay and can really recommend this Inn.
/Jonas and Anna, Sweden

• Stayed June 2011
casewells, Owner at Hamlet Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to leave us such a nice review..........please come see us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011 via mobile

My gf and I just had such a lovely stay at the hamlet! It was super clean with interesting/modern style.. Quiet, yet in The heart of where u want to be in solvang.. Couldn't ask for anything more.. We rented bikes and rode around! Perfect for wine tasting! I will stay there every time! plus it's owned by the sweetest family..

• Stayed June 2011
casewells, Owner at Hamlet Inn, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
We love it when our guests are happy with their stay ! Come see us again soon !
Girona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

I recently stayed in room #2 with my 21-month-old son. The room was small (the owner warned me of this while I was making the reservation) but it was clean and quiet. The room had a small fridge, so I could keep snacks and milk cold for my son. The hotel is right downtown and we walked everywhere. We slept well and would gladly return. Fantastic value!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

The Hamlet was impressive with it's simple design. The beds were comfortable, and the room as a whole just gave me a great feel of home. I could have stayed in the room all day! The outdoor gazebo was great place to sit in the evenings after some time at the Solvang Brewing Company across the way.

Overall, it was a great stay. My friends and I had room 1, which had a king size bed, a queen size bed, and a couch that sat in the middle of the two beds. It was a great set up!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hamlet Inn? Share your experiences!