“Lovely place & wonderful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Beautiful English Gardens
Ranked #4 of 6 Solvang B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Lovely place & wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My boyfriend & I stayed for two nights. We were greeted by the owner who was extremely friendly and helpful. She let us check in early and choose our room, including free upgrades! The first room we looked at was a garden queen that opened up right into the back garden. While it was very nice we went with the room on the end that has a few steps leading up to it since it was larger and had a beautiful big bathroom (I think it is called the English Ivy on the website). It also had a mini fridge, couch, and coffee table. Breakfast included a selection of organic cereals (yum!) and pastries. The location was very convenient & in walking distance from downtown Solvang. The rest of the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly as well. I would definitey stay here again if coming back to the area!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Me and my mom went to Solvang at the beginning of September and we had great time. I booked the room online without any problems and despite getting there earlier than we said we were greeted by a very nice young lady and even got an upgrade to our room. She was always ready to help with anything that we needed. The room was really nice, we had a little kitchen as well which was great for couple of days that we were there, everything including the bathroom was clean, beds are very comfortable. We needed to use the phone the few times and we were able to take it to our room without any problems. The grounds are beautiful exactly like on the pictures and it was quiet too which was very important to us. We are definitely staying here the next time we come to Solvang.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Camarillo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice room, close to town (great for walking around this wonderful city), nice staff. My wife and I stayed here after a wine tour with Stagecoach Wine Tours. We enjoyed the Gardens on this property, the large suite like rooms they have, the friendly staff, and most of all the peace and quiet. it felt more like a nice bed and breakfast than a hotel - which for us was PERFECT. We would/will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was our second visit to Solvang Gardens, each time we found the staff friendly and very helpful, the rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The Hotel is in a nice quiet part of town close enough to walk to down town, resturants and shopping. The grounds are lovely. They have spa services on site that I will try at my next visit. This is a great place to stay while visiting Solvang if riding in the Solvang Century, shopping and wine tasting.

Room Tip: All three rooms we have had were nice, do not think you could go wrong from a basic room to one of t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Solvang is a town that has stepped back in time. The Solvang Garden Inn is in keeping with the feel of the community. The rooms are nice (we did have one of the suites) with modern bathrooms and comfortable beds. The front desk can give you ideas on the various things to do in Solvang and the surrounding communities. It is an Inn and its charm is in its quaintness. There is a lovely garden in back that is quiet and private. Great place to enjoy the continental brealfast and plan your day.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have parking outside the door.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here two nights so that we could see some of the surronding area. We were in the back section so our room opened to a very pleasant garden that was nice for breakfast although the room was cramped. The breakfast itself was skimpy, just juice, cereal, coffee (no brewed decaf), and pastries. While it is just 3 blocks from the start of the main shopping area you'll cover several more doing the town.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
mousemommy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at this beautiful and charming inn early August - family of 4, kids age 7 and 3. We had one of the king suites and it had a nice kitchenette and was perfect space wise for our family. The grounds are truly enchanting and our children wanted to spend more time playing in them than seeing the sights of Solvang! Be sure to go check out the back area garden that has tables set up to eat your breakfast and read - very relaxing!
My two gripes about this inn are the housekeeping and the breakfast.
Housekeeping:
Upon arrival, I went through the room to check things out and put things away in the kitchenette. I found sticky areas in parts and the floor was also a little sticky in both the kitchen and the bathroom. I also found a small piece of glass right next to the toilet in the bathroom. It startled me and I was glad I had found it before my children had come in to use the bathroom.
Also, the carpet in our room was in need of a steam cleaning.
Breakfast
Since we have 2 little ones I called and asked specifically about what was served at breakfast. I was told there would be fruit, pastries, different kinds of cereal, juice, milk, coffee and yogurt. Breakfast is served from 8-10. My parents also stayed one night here, and at 9am they were out of bananas(which was the only fruit offered). My mom went and told the office they said "When it's gone, it's gone, Sorry!" The next two mornings were week days so there were very few of us at the inn. There was barely enough food for the guests there, and I went early around 8am to get some for my family. Our last night there I kind of hinted that they were out of yogurt and almost out of fruit and would they have any in the morning? The response was " I have 4 bananas and no yogurt. So sorry!" Sure enough, 4 very bruised bananas and no yogurt with the other breakfast fare was available the next morning. There were also only a few kinds of granola, no other type of cereal, and the coffee was very weak and tasted like water.
This would not have been a big deal if the inn hadn't been $40-$50 more a night than the hotels right in the city center that have a full breakfast buffet. I ended up spending an extra $40 during our 3 night stay to make sure my family had enough to eat in the morning.
If your offer something, you need to make sure that is what is there during the breakfast hours whether you have 2 guests or 200. If not, don't offer the breakfast and lower your price.
I hope this inn is able to work on these issues. It is truly a stunning and peaceful place to stay with all the gardens, but I felt a little ripped off in the end.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Solvang Gardens? Share your experiences!