“good buy, reasonable rates” 3 of 5 stars

Solvang Inn and Cottages
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1518 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA 93463   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Solvang B&B and Inns
Vacaville, California
“good buy, reasonable rates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This motel is very clean. I call it a bare bones type of place, rooms being pretty sparse. But they do have everything you need. My TV did not work and they fixed it right away. Rates much lower than other quotes we recieved. My only real complaint was the beds. And rooms poorly ventilated. I have arthritis, and to me the beds were so hard and uncomfortable, that I had pain that made it significantly uncomfortable for me to walk and see the town. If it were not for the beds I would return, but I would rather pay more, and enjoy a trip with less pain. The bed really felt like I was sleeping on a rock. Poor ventilation in rooms, showers steamed up restroom setting off fire alarm, and it buzzed for quite some time until I knocked it down with a towel, and no one ever came, glad there was no fire. And this happened even with bathroom window and fan on. The motel is clean, cute, and has a great location. Staff very nice. But, sadly because of the bed I will not return.

Room Tip: If a hard mattress makes your back feel better, this hotel is for you. However, if you have arthr...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Arvin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Solvang Inn and Cottages is a nice and clean motel. The lady at the front desk when I checked in was a little bit of a sour puss not very interested in her job. The room was clean a little bit dated but OK. The worst part of staying there is the Beds, hard as concrete. I recommend bring your sleeping bags and sleep on the floor. The best part is that the motel is within walking distance of every thing in Solvang, shops, cafes, etc. I don't think we will stay here again. There is other motels in town which is just as or nicer than the Solvang Inn.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Nice hotel in Solvang.
We were in a cottage and it was very nice and clean.
Excellent location and within walking distance from interest points.
Breakfast is served in a bakery right across the street. Nothing fancy but the pastries are very good. I suggest trying other bakeries as well, because there are a lot more.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

We arrived on friday night in solvang and we found this motel. the price was not very cheap, but guess that we couldn't expect any better for the weekend. rooms were clean and the position is ok, near the main street in solvang. We had some problems with the wifi but the staff quicly solved it. Breakfast is included, you just have to cross the street and taste a pastry from the olsen's bakery...delicious!

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Skipton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

This is a really nice place to stay, it was very clean and comfortable and the reception staff very helpful. It has a heated pool which again was very clean. The little town of Solvang is absolutely charming and the area is really lovely. We were given a voucher for breakfast over the road at the bakery (continental breakfast) which was very pleasant. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Colchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

When we arrived at the inn, the lady on reception was really friendly and gave us some good advice for our travels. The room was basic and quite expensive compared to some of our other accommodation during our travels. The location was great. I liked the quaint town and it felt very safe. You get a complimentary breakfast at Olsen's bakery (a pastry and hot drink). The pastries were big and very tasty. The area itself is very quiet at night; we arrived about 9pm and not much was open.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Nice spacious room in the centre of town. Breakfast was at Olsens which was a pastry and hot drink - started the day nicely. Wasn't keen on Solvang itself - bit tacky. If I was doing the trip again would skip Solvang altogether

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Solvang Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!