“Great Place to Stay with no 2 night minimum.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Solvang Inn and Cottages to your Saves list
Solvang Inn and Cottages
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1518 Mission Drive, Solvang, CA 93463   |
Ranked #6 of 6 Solvang B&B and Inns
“Great Place to Stay with no 2 night minimum.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I've stayed here for the past 2 years to run the Santa Barbara Wine country Half marathon. I live fairly close so I don't want to have to pay for two nights to run a "local" race. Also the pool feels great after the race. The rooms are clean and comfy and they give you a pastry and coffee voucher for the great little pastry shop across the street, Oh, and cookies up on check in:) Don't be fooled though, the beds are doubles not queens.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were in from Charleston, South Carolina, for a wedding. Booked at this hotel as we could only stay in Solvang one night and many of the other hotels required a two night minimum.

When we arrived, Shiela was able to sneak us in a bit early to get ready for our 1.30pm wedding, gave us Danish cookies and a voucher for breakfast, all of which we not expected.

We arrived at our room and were very pleasantly surprised. It was immaculately clean and quaint. Don't get me wrong, if you're not pleased with anything less than a four or five star hotel, and are willing to pay 2-3x the nightly rate, there may be a better option for you. If, on the otherhand, you're pleased with great location, great staff, and a nicely furnished room, look no further.

My wife and I loved it and when we return will go right back. Oh, and did I mention the value. It's a steal as far as hotels in the area go for.

Final note, my wife left an item in our hotel room. I called a couple days later and, once again, Shiela was kind enough to go track it down for us. She called right back and provided the number of the local UPS store that would ship it back for us. Amazing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were pleased to find the hotel easily on the main road into Solvang from Buellton. The room was a good size. The decor is a little dated and the TV was not great (old CRT and poor reception) but we werent really there to watch TV. Good bathroom and plenty of space to hang clothes. We got a room on the first floor just across from the swimming pool, which is also of a good size, well maintained and with a hot tub on the deck. Was nice to see some humming birds in the garden. The welcome cookies were a nice touch.
Breakfast was with a voucher at the bakery across the road - clearly popular as a queue when we arrived but they were friendly enough and the pastries a generous size and tasty.
the staff were helpful in allowing us a late check out and also in allowing us to leave our car there after check-out so that we could explore Solvang without having to worry about the parking.
My daughter liked the life sized viking statue and the sentry boxes outside - kitsch but fun - just like Solvang really.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Cute place BUT you get what you pay for!

First of all the inn has a Great location & the folks running the inn were Nice people and helpful.
They gave us cookies and a voucher for coffee and pastry which was great!

But...
That was a Queen bed? It was small and uncomfortable! I tossed and turned and didn't sleep at all! Our entire body's ached after sleeping on that bed!
One foam pillow that hert my nexk and we couldnt sit up in bed.
There was aged floral bedspread that you know has been sat on by many a naked butt...
I asked for another flat top sheet so I could remove the bead spread and put it over the blanket to create a duvet but the sheet was never delivered to my room.

Please do some small but huge impact updates:
New comfortable beds a must.
A washable white down type comforter (heck get from IKEA)
Use a top sheet over the comforter or an actual removable (washable every use) duvet!
Provide soap in a bottle or bar soap--not a Hand sanitizer styled box bolted to shower wall.

I would love to give it another try but not as is!

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a night a few weeks ago, and were very pleased with it. IWe had one of the rooms, not a cottage. There was a fridge and microwave in the room and the color scheme was very nice pale green and blue. The bathroom was very large; they might consider putting a small table between the tub and toilet for putting your eyeglasses, towel, etc. while you shower. Location is great! The voucher for breakfast was easy to use...just walk up to the pastry counter and the girl will show you the row of pastries to select from.

orange county
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Continuing our re-visit of cities and hotels from last summer, we ended up in Solvang. This is always our final stop before our drive through L.A when we return from San Francisco. We had had bad luck with this hotel last year, but to be honest it is one of the most reasonable priced places in this area and I wanted to give them a second chance. Before we left S.F I called to see if they had a room available and was informed there was indeed a room. However, it was in the courtyard side of the property and there would be a large group of bikers staying there as well. Fancying myself a cowboy, I reckon I can put up with some bikers for one night. It all worked out ok, the bikers didn't make much noise and shut down their get together at 10PM. It was probably the quietest night I had during our weeks vacation. Last year our room was very stuffy and smoky smelling. This year our room, #109, was very basic, but it was clean and fresh. It really is a cute little place and definitely in a great location. And as I stated before, their rates are great. I'll return

Summerside, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed an extra night at these cottages because it was such a lovely room (very large) and it was reasonably priced and had a lovely pool. Was very close to all the shops and sites and restaurants - within walking distance. Would go back there tomorrow!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Solvang Inn and Cottages? Share your experiences!