“A great place to celebrate a special birthday!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cecco Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Solvang
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park Way
dallas
“A great place to celebrate a special birthday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A great place to celebrate hubby's birthday with friends... wonderful wine list.. delicious salads and gourmet pizzas... followed with a surprise birthday candle atop one of Cecco's lucious desserts. Thank you, Cecco staff, for a super-fun, memorable evening! We look forward to our next visit!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Luis Obispo, California
“Our "regular place" in Solvang”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've been here twice now and will certainly return. Good service and excellent food. The first time we had an early supper in the pleasant outside patio. This trip we ate at the counter and watched George making pizza in the big oven. Excellent calamari and great artichoke bruschetta.

Visited July 2012
Los Angeles, CA
“Sent back the fish...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

First off, we came here because of the location. This used to be a sweet chinese restaurant before so when we walked up we thought, okay -- not what we explected, but we'll try it.

The staff is nice. I order one of their fish dishes. Sea Bass -- because I wanted a light meal. It was under-cooked -- still somewhat raw. Now, if this was a different type of restaurant or a different fish it would be okay, but it didn't work for bass. I told my waitress, and at first they didn't exactly know how to handle the news. The head waitress/hostess came to our table to explain to me that the chef prefers to cook his fish lightly, not to overcook. Hey, that's fine for him, but my fish was raw. It was strange, as if the waistress was trying to get me to understand that my wants were not as important as the chef's. They did offer me another meal (first suggesting the salmon, but I wasn't going to try that -- fearing either under or to make a point, over cooking). I went with the Fettuccine Carbonara -- defeating my desire for a light meal. It was good. Overall, I noticed other customers seeming to be in my position, at the mercy of the chef, and not happy with their meals.

It was sort of a "Big Night" evening, with the chef wanted more to educate us than satisfy his customers. I wouldn't go again, but I can't say that it was bad per se. Just underwhelming.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice lunch but the Italian pizza should be more Italian...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Had a nice lunch there today...shared a couple of pizzas and a salad. I love crispy, wood oven pizzas because they're the closest thing to the real stuff in Rome. But the pizzas at Cecco suffer from the widely shared American ailment: too much sauce, too much cheese. For this kind of pizza, less really is more. Don't trust me, trust millions of Italians. Meanwhile, the waitress was delightful...smiling, attentive, and professional.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boulder, Colorado
“GREAT pasta meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This restaurant is so good ! They have delicious food, many choices and the wait staff and cooks are friendly and professional. We had 4 different meals and each one was unique, fresh and flavorful. The only "advice" would be if you don't prefer a lot of pasta sauce- to ask for easy on the sauce if you order the incredible tasting basil and pine nut pasta I did this just from my own habit and was very pleased.

• Visited July 2012