“No TV. Bliss!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Good Life

The Good Life
1672 Mission Dr, Solvang, CA 93463 (Formerly Tastes Of The Valleys)
(805) 688-7111
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 9 Shopping in Solvang
Los Angeles, California
6 attraction reviews
“No TV. Bliss!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were visiting Solvang and looking for a cozy bar to have a glass of wine on a Sunday night. We found 4-5 bars still open, some of which were gorgeous, but they ALL had big screen TVs blazing. Personally, I'm not a fan of TVs in wine bars as they ruin the ambience. If I wanted to watch TV, I'd stay in my hotel room. Luckily we found The Good Life. It's charming, with an open fire place where you can sit and drink your wine. And no big screen TVs! There's also an outdoor seating area that would be lovely in summer. The owner and his wife were friendly and gave us tips on local restaurants. My only complaint is we wanted a snack, and a small bowl of pistachios cost $8 which seemed expensive.

Visited January 2013

Monrovia, California
3 attraction reviews
“Romantic, Warm, Cozy, and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My Fiance and I got engaged here!!!

We felt welcome from the moment we walked in the door. The staff was friendly and helpful. We've been to Solvang several times and always stop here because it is one of the best places in town.

The wines are execellent and the atmosphere is wonderful. We'll be back!

Visited January 2012
Los Angeles, California
“The best wine bar in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I love the atmosphere here! It's just like a wine "cave" in Europe, and so cozy with the fireplace. Tons of local wines to choose from, and lots of wine maker events. The staff is knowledgable and friendly too.

Visited January 2011