I wasn't disappointed by the HIE Solvang, nor was I totally impressed. So in fairness a 3 out of 5 review.
The pluses. The breakfast meets the HIE standard. I appreciate having boiled eggs because the bagged scrambled eggs that are re-heated never really taste like scrambled eggs. So having real eggs in the form of boiled eggs is appreciated. The bathroom was clean. The room is ok. The hotel is not a motel but the rooms are conveniently accessed by multiple entrances in a quasi-motel like format. The internet connection was reasonably fast. Front desk staff and service was good. Staff are friendly.
The minuses. No fitness center. Most HIE's I stay at have fitness centers. It's hard enough being on the road without having the annoyance of staying at a hotel with no fitness centre. The room is ok, could use a bit of updated. The windows badly need upgrading to sound-proof windows. Road noise permeates into the hotel rooms making it difficult for light sleepers. I found myself wide awake in the early morning when road traffice resumed on the roadway. For a Motel 6, no problem with this level of noise. But for a HIE, inexcusable. In terms of prioritization for upgrades, I'd recommend the hotel upgrade the windows before upgrading the rooms. Soundproofing is needed to help mitigate the road noise. Minor nitpick and this is something I never comment on but it was apparent to me. The toilet paper was a rough one-ply toilet paper unbefitting the HIE brand. I had never noticed toilet paper before in hotels because typically it's soft. At HIE Solvang, the toilet paper was good to write on but not really good to use for it's intended purpose. It probably helps the hotel cut its costs in using this low-grade toilet paper, but at what cost in customer satisaction (dissatisfaction)?
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Solvang Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Solvang Hotel Solvang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come discover the preferred destination of travelers visiting the Santa Ynez Valley, the Holiday Inn Express Solvang. We are centrally located in the Danish Town of Solvang, walking distance to all of its major attractions. It is best known for its shopping, restaurants, chocolate factories and wine tasting rooms! Our hotel is centrally located within Santa Barbara County's Wine Valley. The Holiday Inn Express Solvang is within minutes to Vandenberg Air Force Base, renowned Wineries such as Firestone, Gainey, Buttonwood and Rusack. If you are a golf enthusiast then make the Holiday Inn Express Solvang your golfing headquarters. With our Monthly Golf Packages, you can golf at courses such as The Alisal River Course and La Purisima Golf Course.Our hotel is conveniently located just 30 minutes from the city of Santa Barbara, 20 minutes from Vandenberg Air Force Base and 30 minutes away from Santa Maria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Solvang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.