“Best wine ever” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Solvang
Type: Bar/ Clubs, Bars
More attraction details
Owner description: This is the place to go when you are looking for those hard to find, boutique wines from wineries that don't have tasting rooms. We have nearly 50 wines available by the glass everyday, none of which you can find anywhere else. You can enjoy one of our themed tasting flights or relax with a glass of your favorite libation. Now serving beer too! Open daily 11am~8ish, Closed Tuesdays
4 attraction reviews
“Best wine ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This place has wine tasting AND beer tasting. Plus, there really IS a wandering dog....a very friendly black lab. The wine is delicious. The wine corks are recycled to make purses, which are available for purchase.

11 attraction reviews
“Comfy place to unwind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lovely. Relaxing. I have a slight dog obsession so I always love coming to places that allow dogs inside. It's conveniently located. Just a great place to chill after a day of wine tasting.

Las Vegas, Nevada
114 attraction reviews
“Beer and wine- a very fine time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a great place to sample wine and beer. My wife did a wine tasting while I did a beer tasting. It is a great place to wind down after a day of sightseeing. Right on the main street it is near many restaurants a swell.

6 attraction reviews
“Good wine selctions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is a wine bar / tasting room and features many differnet wineries and brewries selcetions. I stopped in here before heading to Dinner and did a white wine flight. The wine was average, I was exoecting more for the cost. Service was average. I would come in here again but will proabbaly check out other places in the area first.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
16 attraction reviews
“Fun, relaxing environment with good wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We wandered in to the Wandering Dog because of my belief that a place that allows dogs is always good - and I was not wrong. Lucy, a black lab, greeted us as soon as we arrived - and I love it when people bring their dogs to work. The gal working the 'bar' was very knowledgeable in the wines and helped me to pick a flight that I would like. My husband chose to do the beer flight, which put him in absolute heaven.
One thing that makes this place unique is that they offer not only cheese plates but also a cupcake plate (with cupcakes from a local bakery). I've never seen that at a wine bar but it's a great idea especially if you like desert wines and want desert to go with it.
The Wandering Dog offers a nice, relaxing atmosphere with numerous options of beer and wine, and very delicious boutique wines that you wouldn't otherwise find. We enjoyed this place so much that we went back a second time during our stay - oh, and if you live in the area or expect to visit often, ask for a punch card. After 10 glasses or tastings, you get any glass of wine for $1!

Visited September 2012