“The perfect combination of location, service, and value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SPA Special
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Cambria
“The perfect combination of location, service, and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We tried this place on June 26 for an overnight package combined with tickets to the PCPA Theaterfest, featuring "Fiddler on the Roof." We had previously stayed at a competitor hotel. We'll return to the Wine Valley Inn. We went with three other couples, so we could share our experiences regarding rooms. We all love the place. Many of the rooms, especially those just a little pricier than the basic rooms, are different. We paid a little extra and were delighted. Our room was roomy with a sitting area separate from the bed area (just by space, not partition). Two comfortable chairs in the sitting area, not one as in many such places. No desk, however. Maybe people don't come to Solvang to work. Large bathroom with a large walk-in shower, at least in our unit. Another reviewer commented on the fact that the windows opened out to walk corridors, so this reviewer had to keep the blinds closed. Not a problem for us, since we weren't in our room that much during daylight hours. In any event, we could adjust the blinds so that we could get light without letting people see in. Our only negative about our room was the double- rather than queen-size bed. But the bedroom alcove would not have accommodated a queen-size bed in our unit. Free wi-fi without need of password, but my experience was that it was very slow. I switched to AT&T, and that worked fine. Good complimentary breakfast included. Basic complimentary cheese and crackers at cocktail time. Wonderful outside patio areas to enjoy the cocktail-time experience with those of your party and others. We met some new people. This is one of the first times that I can remember when staff members, from desk to service to maintenance, welcomed us and asked what they could do to help us.

Room Tip: Go above the lowest priced rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

An "upgraded" room, here means a second floor room where all windows had walking passages next to them so the curtains had to stay Down all time:(
We had ordered a welcome package with a nice bootle wine, but when we got the room - nothing.
The WiFi was very unstable and the front-desk replied, we will have soemone to check it today, and it sounded like this was their standard excuse.
The room was clean, but a bit noisy as we could hear the aircon for the the whole hotel? all night. Impossible to sleep with the window open, as one would like at a location like this.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra H, General Manager at Wine Valley Inn & Cottages, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Wine Valley Inn while visiting Solvang and the Santa Ynez Valley. I am very sorry your experience was not what you anticipated and more importantly did not provide the level of privacy you were expecting. Although the unique structure of the Village Tower was designed to resemble the Tivoli Gardens of Denmark, each guest room in the Village is not suited for every individual. I will work personally with my reservation team to ensure we are doing the best job possible to provide a room that will meet our guest needs, we improve our efforts to ensure all enhancements are delivered on time, and we are sincerely diligent in addressing all maintenance issues such as the WiFi and air conditioning.
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was in Solvang running the Wine Country Half Marathon and booked this hotel because it is so close to the finish line. The last thing I want to do after running 13.1 miles is hike it back to my room! The location was just perfect within walking distance of the shops and restaurants but out of the way enough that we didn't feel like we were in the middle of everything. The room was clean and the staff very friendly. Now being that I was running and wasn't sure if I would make it back by the check-out time, I booked the room for 2 nights. I figured it would give me plenty of time to get back, shower and get a good nap in without feeling rushed. After that was all said and done and getting some sight seeing in, the BF and I decided to head back home. Let me be clear that this had nothing to do with the hotel! We just had a change of plans. I went to check out and let the desk know we were going to leave early but I was fully aware and prepared to pay for the 2nd night. I knew the cancellation policy and I'm not the type of person to hoop and holler to try to get out of something I was perfectly aware of. They asked if it was anything they did/ didn't do and I let them know everything was great and we just changed our plans. Without even having to ask, they did not charge us for the 2nd night! Now please know I am not saying this is part of their regular policy! I would hate for people to go in saying "Gina said you wouldn't charge me!" I just want you to know this staff is so accommodating and genuinely want to make your stay a great experience, which it was. Even my super picky BF was happy and said we would only stay there on our next trip to Solvang!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is so cute and affordable. We were upgraded to the suite and were so excited to see how large and unique it was. There was a little room to the side which had twin beds so my kids were so excited to have their own room, tv and beds. The main room had two queen beds and a fireplace. Everything is within walking distance and there is a breakfast buffet included. This hotel also has cottages which I didn't see the inside but the outside was beautiful and on a pond with a bridge. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: We loved the suite, but peeked in another room and they all seem to have their own character and cha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Menlo Park
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Spent this past Tuesday and Wednesday at this Solvang hotel.

It must be pointed out that this property is TWO hotels IN ONE. If you're unlucky enough to get the old, but remodeled (barely) "Travel Lodge Type" building facing the parking lot, you drew the short straw. Your wallet will feel sorry for you. Bring your own soap, including a soap dish (none built into the tile shower/tub) .... if you're staying in these postage stamp size rooms with carpets that should have been replaced and vents cleaned of dust years ago.

This building with it's outside steps to the upper floors should be rated a ONE STAR.

Facing the rear foliage (with a view more in keeping with a Wine Inn motiv, unless you're room is near the ice machine) does make this a 2 1/2 star property.

Worthy of a 3 1/2 Star rating are several lovely cottages set in the rear amidst a small stream stocked with what appear to be two or three Koi and some well manicured small lawns connected by two walking bridges. Those are the main attraction to this Wine Valley Inn.

The breakfast, served in several rooms of the historic home, furnished with several nice antique pieces, and housing the lobby and reception, is TOP NOTCH. The folks on duty are efficient.

J and M
Mountain View, CA

Room Tip: Do not accept a room facing the parking lot in the two story (Motel 5 or Travel Lodge type) building...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Wine Valley Inn while visiting Solvang and The Santa Ynez Valley, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and can assure you I take each and every issue very seriously. I apologize for your disappointment in being in our Standard building, however like the Village Tower, it will be undergoing a similar upgrade in each guest room in the future. In the mean time I will share your experience with my team to address the housekeeping to ensure all rooms are cleaned to the standard all our guest have come to know and expect at Wine Valley Inn. I am very pleased you were able to enjoy the gardens and Koi, pond which are both signature to Wine Valley Inn.

Your business and experience is very important to me therefore may I suggest your next stay be in the Village Tower where I am sure you are sure to enjoy the comfort and space of a uniquely renovated guest room.
Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Wine Valley Inn is always our first choice when making our semi-annual visit to Solvang. We've stayed at a few other hotels in the area when the Inn is sold out, but this is still the favorite. They have a great breakfast offering a wide variety of items. It is an ideal location within walking distance to the main street. The rooms are charming and the property is well-maintained. I would highly recommend this inn to others. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night while driving from LA to Paso Robles. The hotel is located in a charming area, all the hotels are rustic. The employees were nice and breakfast was included. If you don't like stairs ask for a room on the first floor.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Wine Valley Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!