“Best inn in Solvang!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 hotels in Solvang
Agoura Hills, California
“Best inn in Solvang!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The Wine Valley Inn is always our first choice when making our semi-annual visit to Solvang. We've stayed at a few other hotels in the area when the Inn is sold out, but this is still the favorite. They have a great breakfast offering a wide variety of items. It is an ideal location within walking distance to the main street. The rooms are charming and the property is well-maintained. I would highly recommend this inn to others. Staff is very friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

574 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night while driving from LA to Paso Robles. The hotel is located in a charming area, all the hotels are rustic. The employees were nice and breakfast was included. If you don't like stairs ask for a room on the first floor.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We've stayed here many times, and it keeps getting better! Updated bathrooms with stone, spacious mini suites, very good breakfast keep us coming back. Ideal location in Solvang off the main drag, so it's quiet, but close enough to walk everywhere in town. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Only downside is that the mattresses are getting a little soft. Might be time to get a new batch? Otherwise, we love this place.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a mini suite in the tower, they're all unique, spacious, and fun!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had stayed at this lovely inn several years ago when we came up to the valley for a wedding and remembered what a delightful visit it was. I highly recommend this inn for a relaxing stay. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and made us feel at home. The beds are comfy. The rooms are very clean. The bathrooms are modern. The hotel is very centrally located. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had a week off a few weeks ago, and my husband loves Solvang. Looking for a midweek overnight,at a good price, I booked at Wine Valley Inn. It was really lovely. A couple of cross beam buildings with a clock tower, we had a cute room on the second floor- up some steps (or elevator, around one corner, around another, look down on the garden. The room seemed a little small, but actually there is a step up to the frig and another to the slate floored bathroom, so I suppose it was really large. A pretend fireplace- in the room; in fact there are lots of fireplaces indoors and out. A huge breakfast,--- things we didn't take advantage of, like wine hour, and bike rental, but all in all, very nice.Very nice service, too. Santa Ynez Valley was absolutely gorgeous at that time, late April. We planned to take a hike in a state park a few miles down a back road. Unfortunately a sign saying mountain-lion was spotted kept us from being the lunch of an animal instead of having an animal ourselves for lunch.

Room Tip: I guess it depends when you go. All was very quiet and nice in mid-week late April. Our room was...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Very friendly and helpful front desk. And they need to be to overcome some basic shortfalls.

Families with kids need to be a first-floor-only policy. It's not and we listened to an 8 year old use the upstairs bed as a "bouncy" for several hours. We called the front desk; they corrected the issue!

The TV's are from the 80's. The shower is silly. The shower-head was no higher than my mid-chest. They needed to re-grout and clean up the tiling. Not appealing at all. I didn't shower - and that's not appealing either.

No pool. Jacuzzi's for the $300 and up rooms in the towers. Mushy beds. Not comfy.

Otherwise, great location, cute exterior, nice dining room. Cocktail hour, too. They have bikes, for rent, I think — we didn't ride.

Gym was small and under-equipped but handy.

Again, terrific front desk and friendly folks.

Room Tip: Get a tower room if you want a jacuzzi! Ask for a top floor room away from the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I travel w/ a service dog and had a nasty experience last year, so I am always a bit gun shy when checking in places. I said I had my working dog when I made the reservation. When we got to our room here there was a doggie bed, two dog dishes, and a bag of treats waiting! I thought that was very special. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was better than average. I also really loved that we had both a skinny pillow and fat pillow option for each sleeper. (I am a "flat pillow" person, and rarely get this option.) If you are looking for a place to stay in this town, you won't go wrong here. I do believe i had asked for two beds and the room we were given was one king - but I didn't ask for a switch, it wasn't that big of a deal. Could have been my error, too, don't know....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Wine Valley Inn & Cottages? Share your experiences!