“Great hotel-exceeded expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Peoria, Arizona
“Great hotel-exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We recently stayed at the Petersen Inn mostly because hotels in Santa Barbara were full. We would return in a heartbeat! Solvang was twice as much fun as Santa Barbara, and the Petersen Inn was beyond our expectations. We enjoyed it so much that we extended for an additional day. The Tower Room was particularly enjoyable, but the couple that we traveled with enjoyed their room just as much. The Inn is extremely well maintained, beautifully decorated, warm and intimate. It is located in the exact center of a very fun, yet quiet little village. The location is unquestionably the best in Solvang. Don't miss dining in their own dining room...the food, service and ambiance were wonderful! This is a family owned property that makes every effort to make your visit enjoyable and pleasant. A wonderful find! If returning to Solvang, this would be our only choice and destination!!

Room Tip: The Tower room is really fun
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at Petersen Village Inn on several occasions over the past five years. It has consistently been a pleasant experience at a reasonable price. We are not really Solvang type of people (if you know what I mean), but we enjoy hiking, wine tasting, dining and bike riding - my wife particularly enjoys the miniature horses near Ballard. Breakfast is ok, but the Petersen folks have really dialed it in by combining the best of comfort, amenities and service. Each room that we have stayed in has been immaculate and extremely comfortable. The staff is just this side of amazing - always helpful, prompt, responsive and very positive. They really do appear as if they enjoy working at the Petersen. In all candor, the Petersen will be the only place that we will stay at when in Solvang.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

G'Day Trippers; it's the JungleBoy back with ya for another treat when you're on holiday! She-who-must-be-obeyed got back from a show in Korea the other day and was promptly informed that she had to be in a town called Buellton to set up a booth for a NASA launch. The Marriott where the booth was located was totally booked up so we got a room at the Petersen Village Inn which is only 3 miles away to the East in the Danish village of Solvang (just North-East of Santa Barbara, about a three hour drive from our surf haven known as the South Bay).
One word to describe it: charming!
There are only 42 rooms at the inn, and we were able to secure a queen suite (the bed was smaller than we're used too, but what the heck!). If you're ever in that vicinity, Trippers, ask Adam for room 318; this guy was so accomodating!!! It overlooks the Courtyard of Solvang and they have fresh pastrie wonders delivered from Mortgensen's Bakery (sp?) every morning! The entire staff was incredible; unfortunately, we arrived too late to eat at the restaurant which is privy to Inn guests only... but people I met in the elevator (yes, as you should know by now, I am a socializing chatterbox when I'm hotel-bound!) said the food was incredible! Especially the steaks!
The wife and I opted to dine acrossd the street at the Solvang Brewing Company and I asked how the Danish Hot Dog was...? Our waitress, Blair, said it was to die for but to be prepared for a gigantic experience. Now having spent a lot of my years in New Guinea & Australia I thought I new the definition of "gigantic"... nay NAY, I say!!! Dudes & Dudettes: this hot dog was 14 inches long!!! Between the wife and I, I think we took the last bite of that dog at 4:30 in the morning! The Inn has great bathrooms, by the by.
Anyhoo, I can't recommend this Inn enough; what a great one-night experience!
Please let me know what you think if you're in this neck of the woods.
Til next time, cheers!

Room Tip: Room 318. The courtyard is quiet and the fountain is relaxing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newhall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The Petersen Village Inn is in the center of all that is so special about Solvang. There are a lot of fine places in Solvang and often it is difficult to choose where to spend a few days in this amazing area. So much to experience and do. The Petersen has many options with their Dining or Theater packages. Their web site is a good place to experience how special they are. I am personally very sad that I did not try their French Onion soup - I came in too late and plan a special trip just to dine in their utterly charming dining room. Yep - we will be going back soon. The room and hotel reminds us of a place we stayed at in Paris - but of course THIS room in Solvang is larger - HAHAhahaaa. So for us a stay here really enhanced the Solvang experience. I could on and on but just take a look at their web site and then give them a call.

Room Tip: A corner room perhaps.. Sunday to Thursday (Our personal preference..)
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Impeccably clean. Attentive staff. Imaginative pricing packages. Central but quiet location. Architecturally charming. And a restaurant with Danish/Continental food that is truly world-class!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed in the Peteresen Village Inn with friends and were very impressed by great reception we received on booking in. The staff were very friendly and provided a great first impression. The room was light and airy and had plenty of space. The bed was extremely comfortable and the amenieties in the room were excellent. The hotel een provided complimentary coffee on an eveing as well as breakfast. We had dinner at the hotel and the food was probably the best we had during our stay in the US, 3 courses for $35. I would certainly stay at the hotel again and recommend it to friends. The hotel was located right in the centre of the village so was great for exploring. Definitely a hidden gem as is Solvang.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the courtyard as they are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fullerton, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I was excited bringing my family to Solvang for our most awaited long weekend and was proud to tell them that we are staying to a very nice Inn in the area. But to my disappointments, as well as my family, we were not able to sleep well in two nights because of the warm temperature in the room. The hotel maintenance the next day pushed a button at the thermostat and said now it fixed. During the next evening, we all could not sleep because again of the uncomfortable room temperature. I called the front desk at 3:00AM and no one answered the calls. We were placed in a room behind the main building, thus I have to walk outside our building and walk through the parking lot to go to the front desk so I decided not to, instead we just opened up all the windows. But it was worst because there is an equipment above our room that runs very loud. It was a very uncomfortable stay for a very expensive inn in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Petersen Village Inn? Share your experiences!