“Was pleasantly suprised.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Soledad
Ringwood, IL
“Was pleasantly suprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011 via mobile

Nice updated rooms. Was pleasantly suprised when stopping while passing through. Nicely landscaped small workout room. King room had microwave and a nice sized frig.

• Stayed November 2011
Surfmotelowner, General Manager at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
We hear this so often and Thank you for taking the time to tell others. We are working hard at making it right every time. My staff is happy to give out my email address and phone number if it is not right, please call or write.

Thanks Again

Eric R. Cgodill

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stayed here with my boyfriend for one night. It's just what we needed. The room was comfortable, clean had all the amenities you would expect.

They should ditch the continental breakfast or move it into the lobby area where there are windows.

Room Tip: Got a great rate on their website.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
That is what Goldy Locks said, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and your travel needs.

Eric R. Cogdill
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Normally stay in Salinas, but decided to stay in Soledad based upon the reviews I read. BEfore I register on the website, I called to see if the pricing would be better than listed and the front desk states the website was the best price because due to weekend, the pricing would be close to $ 100.00, so the website was better in pricing. So I made my reservations on line. When I arrived at the hotel, 2 guests in front of me got rooms $ 10 less than my web priding. When I checked in, I inquiry why walkin received better pricing, I was told I would be given a better hotel room. On the website, I requested for a higher level room due to my sensitivity to noise from above. When the front desk said I would be given a larlge corner room and it would be quiet because the hotel was only 30% occupancy. I was told that the room has a couch and I would be please with this larger room. When I went to the room, the light switch by the door did not work. I had to walk in the dark to go to the bathroom to turn on the switch to get light in the room. The room smelled like smoke and I was surprise that athis hotel was a smoking hotel. I stay in hotels every month in California and never received a smoking room. It was late and I did not want to complain since I had to get up before 6 AM to go to work. I could not sleep well due to the smoke I can smell in the room and the room above me was noisy with walking up during the night and getting up early also. When I checked out early in the morning, I found out the room I was given was a smoking room and there was other non-smoking rooms!!! The continental breakfast was not worth it for me to stay to eat as I had a headache from the smoking room I could not sleep in.. I will be working back in Salnas next month and will not stay ever at this hotel again. I will stick with the brand name hotels in Salinas that seems to have better newer rooms and better breakfasts. But if you are looking for a no frills room while passing through, this may fit your bill, but this hotel was not what I expected on the weekend of Oct. 14th.

Room Tip: Request for non-smoking room if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
I love to see Tripadvisor Senior writter comments, and it sounds like we missed the mark at making this a stay to remember. I am sorry for the late reply and would love to make this up to you. Our motto " Make It right". Please call my staff and ask for my direct number or email, we want you back.

Eric R. Cogdill
HERTS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We originally booked one night but stayed two as room was good small but clean and overlooked pool area, spa and pool clean, staff all seemed happy and were helpful would stay there again, good value.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Surfmotelowner, Lodging Today, Management Company at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you so much for extending for a second night and your kind thoughts. Our staff is what makes it all work. Your Draft will be apart of our employee enhancemt program. Thanks again, Eric R. Cogdill President, Lodging Today
Santa Barbara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Driving from Southern California to Northern California at night, my family needed a place to pull over and sleep. Found this in the reviews and thought it would be nice. The front desk clerk and other hotel employees were very nice and helpful.

30 seconds off of Hwy 101, it was very easy to find. The room was very clean although it had aged. Smell of cleaning solutions were aired out in about 5 minutes. Pulled down the old quilt style bedspread and fell asleep quickly.

We seldom stay at hotels that don't have double sheeting. The carpeting needed high powered spot remover, but you could tell it was clean. The location isn't where you would want to spend the day hanging out. Too bad, the pool and jacuzzi looked good.

BUT... With the poor economy and small businesses having hard times making it, I would stay here again just to help them out. It's nice to be treated so well.

Room Tip: We stayed in the back of the hotel and didn't hear the freeway at all. Not sure if it even matt...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Surfmotelowner, Management Company at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
We thank you so much for your kind remakrs about our employees and we do strive to provide clean and comfortable rooms. Our motto " A return visit is the greatest compliment you can pay us"

We look forward to having you back.

Thank you Again: Eric R. Cogdill Lodging Today
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Our stay was not bad, the room was spacious and clean, but customer service was horrible they charged us for something we did not take. The manager was rood and was not interested in what we had to say!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Surfmotelowner, President of Lodging Today at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
We, the new management company want to thank you for your review. I would love to speak with at any time please call the inn and ask for my cell number, Sincerely Eric R. Cogdill.
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

I was looking for someplace affordable but clean & safe between North & South CA. Found this hotel in Soledad w/good review, pix looked good. Expectation was that it would be "adequate" for 1 night. Older hotel-not owned by chain motel company. Surprisingly, my ground-floor King room was spotlessly clean-very comfortable going barefoot and sleeping in the bed. Had small sofa, chairs, microwave, lg dorm-size fridge, satellite TV w/lot of good channels, bathroom/shower spotless w/out suspicious stains. Good deadbolts on door. Not noisy even though near pool. Very comfortable and enjoyable for single-woman. Restaurant adjacent-didn't eat there, but also McDonald's and other options close. Would definitely stay again-have already recomm to friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Surfmotelowner, Owner of Lodging Today at Valley Harvest Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review, we hope you will return. Eric R. Cogdill

Been to Valley Harvest Inn? Share your experiences!