“Enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Solana Beach
phoenix
“Enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Really enjoyed staying here. The room size and layout was really nice and I especially liked the breakfast servings! Didn't realize until I got home that I left some items in the room, and the hotel was great about getting them to me ASAP.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

If you enjoy visiting the attractions in San Diego, this hotel is confidently located for the on city ones. The staff is very friendly and accommodated all of our inquires and requests. The rooms are fine, clean and typical courtyard size. With free underground parking, and a pool in the center, the facility is nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh L, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us, we’re thrilled you chose the Courtyard by Marriott Solana Beach! San Diego has so many amenities and attractions to offer, we’re most thankful that you spent time just enjoying the hotel facility including the pool area, lobby, and guest room. Our team works so hard year round to provide a great overall experience for our guests, thank you for your positive and candid feedback. Please contact me if I may be of service for future reservations, or to just answer any general questions about the hotel and the Solana Beach area. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was going to a wedding at Rancho Santa Fe and the hotel is only a short distance from my destination. The reception desk was very helpful and friendly throughout my stay. The hotel is clean and spacious; it was a very nice and relaxing stay. The place is quiet even though it is next to a street. It is also a short distance from the Solana Beach. I watched the sunset on the cliff next to the beach. The rate is good. So all in all, a very good hotel.

I booked taking the bed and breakfast rate and I would not do it again. The breakfast at the hotel cafe is so so, and the attitude of the two servers at the counter was not the best. This is not a good combination.

Next time, for sure like to stay at the hotel again but no breakfast there.

Room Tip: Do not go for the bed and breakfast rate, the service and breakfast at the hotel cafe is not very go...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greetings,
Thank you for staying with us! We’re so happy that you chose to stay with us while attending a wedding in the neighboring community of Rancho Santa Fe. I have passed both constructive and positive comments along to the appropriate team members to ensure we improve on the Food and Beverage experience. We also want to make sure that we continue to serve our guests with the same high quality standards you have come to expect from a Marriott hotel. Our hope is to ensure that you think of us first when traveling to the Solana Beach area. Feel free to reach out to me if you need help with reservations, or have additional suggestions or comments. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Menifee, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick one night away. We used our Marriott points, super easy. When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly and efficient receptionist. We asked her for a room overlooking the pool and she gave us the option of 1st or 2nd floor. We chose the 2nd floor based on the reviews on tripadvisor, good choice. Upstairs has high vaulted ceilings, down stairs has patio access. The room was surprisingly large (2 queens) and very clean. The bathrooms are on the small side with the shower and toilet separate from the sink area but the shower had nice tile and the shower curtain expanded to make more room. The pool area was very inviting and we enjoyed the warm sunshine in comfortable chairs. I love that they have free parking, mini fridge & mircowaves. In the morning we went for a long run, there were many places along the way with ocean views but the trail does not stay right along the coast. The hotel is not ocean front but it is very close. When we got back we were pretty tired and asked if we could get a late check out, they were very accommodating. My only negative to this hotel is that you can hear other guests in their rooms. Overall we had an amazing experience. The staff is to be commended!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Solana Beach. Thank you for being such loyal Marriott Rewards Members! I am so happy to hear that you were able to take time for a quick getaway and take advantage of the benefits of the Marriott Rewards points program. Our pool is one of the highlights of the hotel and I’m so happy that you were able to relax and enjoy the calm atmosphere. I have shared your comments with our team in order to better react to noise volume coming from neighboring guests. There are times when it can be challenging, however we are committed to ensuring your comfort. We welcome you back anytime in the future for a relaxing getaway, feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions or comments. Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Monmouth, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Have stayed here 2 times now for business. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Nice rooms with microwave and good sized fridge. Had a few problems with some of the lights but was fixed the same day while I was out at work. Food at the Bistro is good. The wings were real good and the Chedder melt is a good go to. Breakfast is also good. Nice Deli/Market/Liquor store next door if you're looking for a sandwich. They have most everything. I'll be there again for work I'm sure. Also like that the lobby has fresh coffee at 4:00 AM sometimes and by 5:00 AM for sure. Underground parking has pleanty of room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greetings,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again! Our hotel team understands there are many choices in the area and we appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. I have made our Food and Beverage Supervisor aware of your great experience in the Courtyard by Marriott Bistro. I have also discussed with our Maintenance Team on the importance of ensuring the lighting is perfect in all guest rooms prior to arrival. We hope that you come back to enjoy our hotel again soon. Feel free to reach out to me with any special requests or comments prior to your next visit to Solana Beach. Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff here is very friendly. This is a very nice hotel with nice features for a courtyard. Great location, clean rooms with a microwave and fridge. We stay here often and only had two minor problems. Once was noise because of two parties going on which turned out not to be a problem because it stopped by 10pm. The other time the cleaning staff threw out our flowers, empty our refrigerator which had a full bottle of wine in it, sodas and threw away sandwiches from Mona LIsa's downtown (our dinner).

Other than that, this place is wonderful!

Room Tip: I prefer a street towards the beack for privacy. ALso, get second story for privacy and valuted cei...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ballymena, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good property very clean, excellent friendly staff. Room is very large with whirlpool bath, shower and separate toilet. Also has sink, fridge and microwave. Free WIFI, and flat screen TV, essentials shop in reception including snacks and free underground parking. Great breakfast, cooked bacon in UK style for me, not crispy. Store/deli next door and plenty of restaurants within easy walking distance. Nothing not to like great value for money.

Room Tip: Try 2nd floor at back
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Solana Beach/Del Mar? Share your experiences!