“Lamb Stew Awesomeness” 5 of 5 stars

858-792-9090
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pamplemousse Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jimmy Durante Blvd.
Del Mar, California
“Lamb Stew Awesomeness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thank you Jeffrey! WOW! Never have I had Lamb like this. I got this dish on the suggestion of fiends and it did not disappoint. All the couples shared grilled cheese sandwiches, that are more like .... the most unbelievable bite you can put in your mouth (gouda, lobster and black truffle -... REALLY, I'm not kidding! )Then we tried the abalone. Fantastic! Then, the my beautiful, moist, lamb stew awesomeness arrived. I am an "old" cheerleader and this is where I say.. YEAY!!!! Yes I will be back for this dish!... I am truly drooling as I write this... I know, not very lady like, is that?

• Visited July 2013

Utah
“Great food, but pricey!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food here is very good. High quality and you should definitely listen to the specials for the evening. The smoked seafood appetizer was great.

While the food is very good, I can't consider this a must visit restaurant because of the price. I've eaten at many equivalent or slightly nicer places at a more reasonable price.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Fabulous Menu and Wine List”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have made it to Pamplemousse on nearly every trip to San Diego for the past 10 -15 years. It has always been a great experience. The menu is one of the best anywhere with a great selection of standards and unique items. This is one restaurant where it pays to listen to the server run through the list of specials. This visit, I loved the roasted beet salad but found the John Dory a bit overcooked and dry.
There is a good selection of wines by the "stem" and an incredible selection of famous bottles. I don't think I have ever sen such a selection of Ports and desert wines. Two cautions: this restaurant is very expensive and it can be noisy and feel a bit crowed / closed in when full.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“A Great Place for A Special Occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent gourmet food and service. Highest qualify food and drink. Service is amazing. One of our favorite places for that "special occasion".

Visited March 2013
Del Mar, California
“Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have only had a happy hour experience here. The food was good and the bartender was great. We sampled wine and he was generous with the tasting. The dinner menu looked very fancy and the prices were up there. Based on other reviews I am certain it would be a great place for a special event birthday or anniversary. Good astmosphere.

• Visited September 2012