“Mexicans don't eat here” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
San Diego, California, United States
“Mexicans don't eat here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

"White people sure love to eat here!" my wife giggled as we left completely stuffed...

We honestly didn't care that we didn't see a single Mexican eating here on that busy Saturday night.

I've had real mexican food in Mexico...most of it was mediocore, and probably unsanitary. PF Changs isn't authentic either, but a lot of Non-Asians love it. Daphne's California Greek Cafe probably isn't authentic Greek, but I still like their gyros. So does it matter if this is authentic or not?

$13 Carnitas plate: Delicious! Huge portions and waaayyyy better than Chipotle! :D
$11 Pollo Asada plate: didn't try it, but my wife enjoyed it.
Margaritas: I'm 90% sure they use real lime juice here, not that crappy Jose Cuervo Margarita mix my lazy non-Mexican friends serve at parties. Fidel's Margaritas are great!

I guess its a little pricier than it should be, but that's just Solano Beach, its full of rich people willing to pay extra. Luckily my Aunt-in-Law paid the bill for a party of 40, which Fidel's handled very well,....thanks Auntie!

Visited January 2013

Del Mar, California, United States
“Favorite Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Love the margaritas and food. Feel comfortable going my myself!! Like the one in Carlsbad better than the one in Salano Beach even though I go to this more.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kennebunkport, Maine
“decent Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

i have eaten at Fidel's twice and was pleased both times, it's nothing out of this world but if you want Mexican food and are in Solana Beach then it's the place. the servers did a good job, food was in good portions, nothing fancy.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Good food, fun place to go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The food is really good.. it is not crazy combinations of flavors.. it is just true Mexican food that is in a funky set of houses combined into one restaurant and authentic flavors... Every local said we had to go.. and we are very glad we did!

Visited September 2013
Orange, California
“Atmosphere and that's all you. Will get!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Service is very poor and the food was large but no taste and some entree were just bad. I would never recommend this place!

• Visited September 2013