“Very average quality - noisy!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Faxe
“Very average quality - noisy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We went to Fidels with local friends, who had recommended the place. The drinks were OK, The food was a long time coming and did not tase of much. We wanted wine with our food (europeans like it that way!), but we could only order wine by the glass, they could not tel us name of grape or winery, and the wine, we got, was certainly not even second or third class. All the time, we spent there, the room was crowded with (apparently) childrens birthday parties, so we left as soon as possible, and took the coffe at home.
We find it very difficult to recomment this place.

• Visited February 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Not enought staff to even order”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

In town last Friday night for the weekend. Hotel manager recommended Fidel's. Got there and the place was overflowing. Made it to the bar. Waitress friendly but seemingly overwhelmed with customers. Got a drink and then got seated at table outside. Received menus and then sat for 20 min. No one came to take our order. Other servers knew we were sitting there, however they didn't offer any assistance. Bottom line, loud, not friendly and extremely poor service.

Visited January 2011
Regina
“Boring and uninspiring - why bother”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

Established in 1961, accoding to the menu, they must be doing something right but neither of us finished our lunch burrito specials and my partner did not finish her house margarita. The value is there in that you can order, for lunch, any of four main courses (burritos, tacos, enchiladas or tostada) which come with good beans and rice and the house margarita all for $10.50. But . . . it is so boring; lots of quantity but . . . They serve tortilla chips and salsa to begin, which is nice, but even these are so-so. I'm not sure what it indicates but this place hasn't recieved a review here in almost a year. Hopefully, the special margaritas are good ($7.50 - 9.50) and maybe the individual dishes are better but we'll never know because there are too many other places to try first. http://fidelslittlemexico.com/

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
California
“not a good experience. won't be back!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

They don't have a kids menu. We had the rudest waiter ever (Matt). The food is way overpriced. We definitely won't be back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, WA
“Amazing street tacos, entrees, friendly service...my new standard in authentic Mexican.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

I was in the Rancho Santa Fe /Solana Beach area visiting from out of town, and someone in another bar recommended the street tacos at Fidel's. So, being a connoisseur of good Mexican when I lived in Tucson for eight years, I couldn't resist the temptation.

I pulled into the cantina of Fidel's, which is the only place in the restaurant they'll serve you the street tacos during happy hour from Mon-Thu...and I was totally blown away. I tried four of the five varieties; diced beef, chicken, fish, and breaded chicken...and they were ALL excellent, although I'd have to give the nod to the fish tacos...and they were easy on the wallet, at $2.50 a taco...loaded with all the fixings; veggies, salsa, guacamole, hot peppers optional. The margaritas were also tasty as Jason, my bartender that night, put his mixologist expertise to practice. It was easy for one to imagine themselves south of the border in this place. Filled after 4 tacos (more than my share, but hey, I was tasting the variety) and 2 margaritas, my bill came to less than $25 with tip...definitely no complaints there!

I returned the following day for lunch, and ordered the beef fajitas platter...what set this apart from countless other platters I've had throughout the Southwest and Mexico were the wholesome fresh grilled vegetables; long whole scallions, pepper varieties, sliced tomatoes, avocado slices...with rice, black beans (on demand), and a little sour cream over steamed corn tortillas...and the beef cubes were tender, like they'd been in some sort of marinade. I had enough beef and vegetables to create 6-7 overflowing taco fajitas, and had to carry some home. My mouth waters just recalling it all as I write this. A pint of margaritas on the rocks topped it all off and kept my buddy and I amused.

What a find. I intend to definitely come back to Fidel's...especially for the happy hour street tacos in the cantina...if the secret wasn't out before, I guess the cat's out of the bad now! Fidel's now has me on a quest to find the best street taco in Seattle, which might come from some of the taco trucks we have around town up here. I'm not expecting it to be as good, as Fidel's is the standard I plan on using from now on.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere