“Nice Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Nice Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have owned a 1 BDRM 2 Bath time share here for 3 years, but this is the first time I have stayed here.
Great area as long as you avoid I - 5 on Friday afternoon.
Good Starbucks coffee and nice tea selections each AM off the lobby. On Monday AM, they host breakfast next door. I missed that as I had to go to Ft Rosecrans.
I was planning to sell my unit, but now I think I'll keep it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
JaquelynW_12, Manager at Winners Circle Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Since you're one of our treasured owners, we are beyond excited to hear you enjoyed your stay at your home resort. We're very pleased that enjoyed all of our amenities, including the Starbucks Coffee and Tazo teas. We hope to see you every year!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Pacific Palisades
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We enjoyed every aspect of our time at the resort. Our room was tastefully decorated and the bed was great, very comfortable. The fully equipped kitchen was perfect for those times we didn't feel like going out.The grounds are beautifully maintained. There are flowers blooming every where. It's clean, pretty and very well managed. There are tennis courts and two restaurants adjacent to the resort. Simply put, it's the best value in the area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you took advantage of your fully equipped kitchen. We love that you found WCR to be a great value.
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We traded with Interval Int.. Our room was spacious, with a lot of small things that really made it very very good. Oversize towels, LOTS of drawer space (first time I've ever had more than enough) and uncluddered! We used to live in Encinitas which is down the road so we know the area well, and I don't know of a better place in north county coastal I would rather stay!

Room Tip: Get a room in a wing that has been remodeld. I think one of the wings is not done yet (oct '13)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We're thrilled you enjoyed your Interval Exchange at WCR. We truly hope you can comeback soon.
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We loved our suite which was a trade through RCI. We had never been to that area before and loved it, so close to many beaches, restaurants and fun things to do!
The rooms were light and airy and nicely decorated, everything was provided, everything was clean and worked and what else is there to say except we will be happy to return sometime!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your RCI Exchange at our resort. We're also glad you enjoyed your room and our charming, coastal community.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Great location, great rooms and great staff. This was our first time here but we will be back. Our very clean room had a fully equipped kitchen with all of the cook wear we needed. The rooms were well appointed with large TV's--one in the living area and one in the bedroom. The resort was not noisy not even the pool area. Parking was free and not hard to find. We had two bathrooms which was great. The bath towels were huge and they provided pool towels as well. We had a wonderful stay and experience.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Carson, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was my second time staying at this wonderful place. Got to kick back and relax for Labor Day weekend. I took full advantage of their grill (cooked oysters and bacon wrapped scallops that we picked up from whole foods only down the street). The staff were nice and friendly and so were the other guests staying there. It's a pretty close drive to downtown yet good enough distance for a nice quiet and beautiful ambiance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was looking for a quiet place to spend Labor Day weekend, but also a place that wouldn't bore me to tears while also offering friendly services. It's not much to ask for, but WCR went above and beyond my expectations. Being a fresh college grad with a bit of spending money, I was tired of finding a dead mouse or cockroaches in sleazy motels while travelling within my college student budget. When I pulled up to WCR, I knew I was going to be in for a very pleasant experience.

The first WCR employee face I saw was the valet, who was super friendly and I had little fear that my car would not be handled with great care. Upon entering the hotel lobby, I was greeted by a very friendly front desk person named Rachel. She was very accomodating and very helpful, despite my naievete and lack of experience in staying with resorts. I could tell the hotel was very busy as it was Labor Day weekend, but she stuck by me and was very patient throughout my requests for extra towels, the pool table supplies, change for my $20s, and pointing me to the hotel amenities. I could tell she was very experienced in her position and I was surprised she wasn't already part of the management team, given the quality of service I received.

I was looking for quiet, and boy did I sure get it. To put it delicately, most of the hotel patrons were of the same age you'd expect to see most bingo players. That provided a great, family-friendly environment that made it very easy to sleep (I am a VERY light sleeper). Rachel (the front desk girl) told me that part of the hotel was actually timeshares, so I guess that made sense. I was actually very much appreciated the fact that they didn't push the timeshares too much onto me, so bonus points for that. The room itself was very well decorated and well stocked, especially given the fact I had opted for a studio since I was only visiting friends for a short while. Housekeeping came and went without a hitch and I made sure to tip them very well.

The one thing I noticed was that their arcade games were kind of dated and didn't work, but heck I'm 25 years old so I guess it really wasn't that much of a bummer. I'm sure the kids who came with their families minded, though.

Overall, 5/5 for the cozy, family-friendly experience that made for a perfect Labor Day weekend with friends. I'd definitely recommend this place if you want a quiet place to stay, but the more rambunctious crowd should go elsewhere so as to not ruin the family environment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Winners Circle Resort? Share your experiences!