“Claires - a healthy place to eat and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: Bakery, Café
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe and bakery located in the heart of Solana Beach. We specialize in fresh, homemade, California-style comfort food as well as a variety of homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are family friendly, dog friendly, and most of all just plain friendly, so come on in and check us out!
Solana Beach, California
“Claires - a healthy place to eat and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Love eating here. Parking is an issue - limited parking available around the restaurant but enjoy the varied menu and healthy eating choices. Eating outside is nice because if you like you can bring your dog. Whatever I have chosen to eat is very good. If you are on a diet and looking for a good alternative to the carb laden foods in large portions out there, Claire's is a good option to consider. Inside is a bit noisy so I prefer to eat outside. Service has always been good but you may have a wait if you arrive at noon or a bit later. I go to this place on a regular basis. I do heartily recommend Claire's on Cedros.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Solana Beach, California
“Great place for bad service !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

coastal location with an attitude. Although we live in SB, the last place we would recommend is Claires,

Visited November 2013
San Diego, California, United States
“Delicious bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Delicious food. They love dogs in the backyard patio. Very friendly atmosphere. But be ready to wait. It's a tiny kitchen and the waitresses wear t-shirts that boast "same day service!"

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Scrumptious brunch on a gorgeous patio”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My grandfather took us to Claire's based on the recommendation of someone he sat next to on the plane down to California. The wait was quite long for a table, there was only three of us, but I guess that's what you get when you go to someplace as popular and well known as Claire's on Cedros. It's tucked away in a lovely seaside town and we were lucky to have wonderful weather during our autumn trip, so we were able to sit and chat comfortably until a table became available. When we did sit down our waitress was very friendly and nice and our patio table let us continue enjoying the weather. I had my heart set on the pumpkin pancakes while my partner and grandpa ordered various omelets (I think one of them had a southwest omelet). All of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. The pancakes were so delicious, with just the right hint of pumpkin and cinnamon. It's a little out of the way, so I'm not sure if or when we will be able to make it out there again, but we definitely would recommend Claire's for anyone looking for a delightful brunch experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was really excited about this place based on reviews but frankly I didn't see anything special about it. It must be the locals raving and thinking its cool but I felt like it was trying to be cool and never really got there lol? the inside of it is not cute at all.. The patio area is nothing special and the food is well presented and cute but the food itself is nothing amazing. Also I asked for medium to hard poached eggs and they came back totally runny. The waitress proceeded to tell me that's what happens when you ask for something that is not hard entirely and not medium either lol... In that case why didn't you say so before when I ordered.. that my instructions were poor? Then she told me she told the kitchen to just make hem medium .. And no.. They were runny lol.. So instead of saying sorry and changing them right away (something I rarely ask for but I can't deal with runny eggs) we had a mini little thing which was ridiculous in my opinion and she finally just changed it and came around but it was all a bit much for me at breakfast.

• Visited March 2014