“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Monroe, New York
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Visiting family in Simi. We had an excellent stay at grand vista. Excellent value. Excellent breakfast. Fun time at the pool. Very Convenient location. Room very clean. Beds very comfortable. Felt very safe and secure. We will definitely use Grand Vista again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. We appreciate your business. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Camarillo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Last weekend my family and I stayed at the Grand Vista Hotel. First the good the rooms are older but they are clean. That is about the only good thing I can say about this hotel. When we arrived at the hotel it was 102 degrees outside my father who is 72 years old asked the black haired gentleman at the front desk who was not wearing a name badge if he could get a luggage cart to transport luggage to his upstairs room. The man told my father NO BUT YOU CAN GO LOOK FOR ONE! I don’t know if this man is a manager or not but several family members said he was very rude he defiantly needs a few lessons in customer service.

The elevator bay had a very strong chemical like smell to them every time I would go up or down stairs I would wonder what that horrible smell is.

As far as the free breakfast goes do not bother. They do not replenish the breakfast once it’s gone its gone as many of my family members and I found out. The bannas where full of brown spots and the man running the breakfast was downright rude.

Overall the rooms were clean but customer service leaves a lot to be desired it was clear no one wanted to be there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your comments. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am happy that you did enjoy our physical product, however, ashamed that our personnel was not accommodating. I will be using your comments to train the employees on the guests perception and professionalism. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Travelers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a somewhat confusing experience. The hotel is well kept, nice pool, nice location, big rooms, and great price. But our first breakfast and last was chaos, no coffee cups for the coffee, no clean tables, no attention. Our room was not cleaned our second day and our bathroom was not restored the next. We checked out one day early and front desk offered no apologies but at least cooperated with expedia to get the last unused day refunded. They were very busy on Labor day weekend. Maybe they were understaffed. Maybe the staff is demoralized. No one was very helpful or nice except the young man who checked us in. Anyhow, a good stay and property was way below the mark on something that an attentive management could cure.

• Stayed September 2012
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
You are 100% correct - this is managements fault. I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. There is no excuse for the lack in our services. I can assure you that this is the exception and not the rule at Grand Vista Hotel. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. I am sorry we failed with you. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.
Temecula, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Grand Vista is an older hotel, but not too old and right off CA-118 in Simi Valley. I found it on Hotels.com and got a great deal, $100 less per night than the next closest place. They have a restaurant and a bar, as well as pool, spa, and fitness center. The rooms are clean and quiet and the staff is helpful. The only negatives are the somewhat dated bathrooms in the guest rooms. They're pretty small and not very well appointed. It's a great place for one or two nights in the Simi Valley area, with lots of attractions nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Vista Hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
PalmSprings
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My brothers and I went to Magic Mountain two days and we needed a place to stay to go back the next day. We found this nice and convenient hotel located about 20 min away.
We checked-in a little late but noticed they have a restaurant, gym, pool and Jacuzzi. The front desk clerk was very nice and professional. The room was right for the price, they had a microwave and a fridge which we didn't use but it comes handy if you're staying more than one night. The rooms would look different if they had flat screen TVs but again we were not there to watch TV. The only negative about the room was the A/C unit, it was filthy. It looked like they had not cleaned it in months.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the hotel. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and new televisions are on the list to come. I am very sorry that the A/C was in that condition. Our maintenance staff is currently going through all of the rooms to assure the cleanliness and operation of all units. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to your return.
Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Service spotty - could not remember my request to change room from one with a view of the parking lot or my
name when I was expecting important phone calls, , some staff uncaring, others very kind and helpful. Manager promised me better result next time... He seems very kind and professional but not all front desk or restaurant staff were. Tgey need training in hospitality, also rooms need better maintenance, as does one computer business center!

• Stayed July 2012
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to assist in providing exceptional guest service. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com as I would like to get some specifics to help make this right for you.
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had business at the Four Seasons, but did not want to pay almost $400 for one night checking in at 9:00 pm and meeting early the next am so I went to good old hotwire and found this room for about $80.00 with all the taxes, etc. The check in at the front desk went just as well as a hotel like the Four Seasons or the Hyatt. The staff is extremely well trained, seemed to like their job, and act like your business is important to them. They are QUICK in the mechanics of check in and spend their time with personal interactions..like explaining best place to park (which is free), and talking about traffic conditions with me since I was not familiar with how busy the freeways would be in the morning when I needed to arrive at a certain time at the Four Seasons. I like businesses that treat their customers like they are valuable. There is a card in the room that ASKS if there are any maintenance issues which seems smart to make sure small issues don't become complaints from guests who stay and they make it easy by leaving a card in the room. Bed was comfy, room with king bed was spacious, couch, fridge, microwave, coffee maker in room. Great shopping near by! TV is dated, but fine for a night. It's not luxurious, but it is nice, clean, quiet, and every staff member I saw made eye contact, smiled and said hello. I'm happy with that..

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor and even though the room was full I didn't hear any noise from neighbors...