“Outdated but Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Simi Valley
“Outdated but Comfortable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

First let me say that we only stayed here because we have family in Simi Valley so we really didn't spend much time here except to sleep. I didn't even look at the pool! The room was a good size and had a nice fridge. The bathrooms had been remodeled, which was nice. The a/c however was from the 70s. I'm giving the hotel 3 stars because of this. It was so loud that it woke both my husband and I up several times in the night just from turning on. So my advice if you stay here: bring ear plugs!

Otherwise the breakfast was good, they had belgium waffles the day we were there. Another word of warning, they don't have an elevator. If you have heavy bags or can't traverse stairs easily request a room on the first floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff, Thank you so much for staying with us while you were visiting family in Simi Valley. We look forward to seeing you again soon

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Encinitas, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've used priceline, expedia, and tripadvisor for several years now when pulling into a town and needing a hotel. CONSISTANTLY one of the best priced places that are even considered as "stayable" is a Best Western. I wouldn't say that we look to stay at a BW exclusively...but more often than not, it is the best value and dependably nice, clean, friendly, etc.
So, while on a short week getaway with my kids we found ourselves in need of a room in Simi Valley, and, low, the BW Posada Royale came up at a great rate. The gal on the phone was super friendly and efficient. We pulled in around 7:30 and were in our room by 7:40. While checking in Erin, at the desk let me know that there was a wine reception set up so after getting checked in I served up some wine, cheese and fruit. They also had a service of coffee and tea set up and a raging fire going in the lobby...a really nice touch.
I really do have to stop being surprised at the Best Western and just KNOW that it will be clean, well appointed, friendly and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I was concerned that we had a ground floor unit but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

It all started with Danny at the front desk. We arrived too early for check in on our way to the Reagan Library. I stopped by the hotel just to request a downstairs room for later in the day after our visit to the library. Danny offered an early check in, which relieved me of the worry of storing our luggage in the car all day. He also invited us back to the managers evening reception... a nice touch even though we did not get back in time to enjoy it. The breakfast was excellent and the breakfast room was large so you didnt feel rushed to eat and run. Food service was excellent too. The hotel is older, but has been maintained in top shape. The rooms are larger than most and ours was very clean. If you love plants, the grounds are beautiful. Even the towels and other linins are larger and more plush than you might expect. If I ever come this way again I will definately stay here and would recommend that others do the same.

Room Tip: Excellent restaurant next door. Good food selection and good service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all of the amenities. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at the other Simi Valley hotels and this is the top pick. The staff is superb!!!! I don't think there is an obstacle they can't overcome. They are friendly and helpful. My room had no issues unlike the other locations I have stayed in Simi. There is a nice restaurant/bar in the parking lot. They have some exterior rooms but even traveling alone I felt safe, also something I cannot say for the other locations in the area. The breakfast is superb unless you prefer the powdered astronaut eggs served at the Holiday Inn. All sarcasm aside I have to say that I truly enjoyed my visit at this location. I will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back soon.
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Traveling with 2 large dogs - it was nice the Best Western tooks dogs..and the large dogs too! Upon checkin, the front desk was professional and nice. they said they had doggie blankets and would drop them by later. The lobby was outstanding.

We were put in the far far corner away from all the people...which was great because of the dogs! Good stations for doggie waste.

Breakfast...we did not know it ended at 9. By the time we rolled out of bed, it was too late for breakfast. Looked like it would have been good too.

I would stay here again. 2 recommendations for the Manager
1. if you know dogs are coming, have the doggie blankets at the front desk. The staff offered to bring them to our room, but I knew the dogs would go nuts if someone knocked on the door. 2. Tell people the breakfast ends at 9. And...people on vacation, do they really get up and moving before 9?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all of the amenities. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. Thank you for your comments about the dog blankets, we will have them at the front desk in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area and I hope you won't miss our famous breakfast on your next visit.
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is my 2nd. time visiting the area and staying at this hotel. I have stayed at all the largest hotels in the area (business) for over 20 years but chose this one again for vacation because it is comfortable, clean, friendly and personable. Great staff and geared more towards a quiet and relaxing time with my family. Tip: take a room facing inside.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the breakfast as well.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
Scotts Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

What a find! If in Simi Valley, stay here. Impressive lobby. Staff was very pleasant. Easily arranged for early check in so my wife could take special medication on time in privacy of room. Room was spacious. Air conditioning is efficient and cooled room quicker from overhead duct vent. Nothing blowing the curtain into the room and making noise all night as is typical in most hotels. Bathroom was a little small, but quite functional. There was a wet bar in room with sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. TV vanity added to decor, which overall was very tasteful. Room door is lightly loaded so it doesn't slam back onto your suitcase. I liked that. Fabulous breakfast on linen table cloths. Breakfast room had a restaurant feel, and was not a typical breakfast room. Menu included made to order omelets with lots of ingredients, finger waffle sticks, sausage, potatoes, fruit galore, cereal, pastries, yogurt, juice and more. Coffee is served by staff. Just Fabulous!!! It's the best breakfast in a Best Western Plus we have ever experienced. Central pool and patio area is well themed and inviting and serves as a central courtyard. Free parking and easy access to room from ADA spaces was helpful for us. A restaurant next door (just feet away) is good place for dinner, or to get something to bring back to room as I did. We would definitely stay here again. It will be our "go to" place in Simi Valley

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. We look forward to serving your travel needs in the future!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!