“This Hotel Deserves It's # 1 in Simi Valley Status” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Simi Valley
Eugene, Oregon
“This Hotel Deserves It's # 1 in Simi Valley Status”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at the other Simi Valley hotels and this is the top pick. The staff is superb!!!! I don't think there is an obstacle they can't overcome. They are friendly and helpful. My room had no issues unlike the other locations I have stayed in Simi. There is a nice restaurant/bar in the parking lot. They have some exterior rooms but even traveling alone I felt safe, also something I cannot say for the other locations in the area. The breakfast is superb unless you prefer the powdered astronaut eggs served at the Holiday Inn. All sarcasm aside I have to say that I truly enjoyed my visit at this location. I will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back soon.

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Traveling with 2 large dogs - it was nice the Best Western tooks dogs..and the large dogs too! Upon checkin, the front desk was professional and nice. they said they had doggie blankets and would drop them by later. The lobby was outstanding.

We were put in the far far corner away from all the people...which was great because of the dogs! Good stations for doggie waste.

Breakfast...we did not know it ended at 9. By the time we rolled out of bed, it was too late for breakfast. Looked like it would have been good too.

I would stay here again. 2 recommendations for the Manager
1. if you know dogs are coming, have the doggie blankets at the front desk. The staff offered to bring them to our room, but I knew the dogs would go nuts if someone knocked on the door. 2. Tell people the breakfast ends at 9. And...people on vacation, do they really get up and moving before 9?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all of the amenities. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. Thank you for your comments about the dog blankets, we will have them at the front desk in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area and I hope you won't miss our famous breakfast on your next visit.
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is my 2nd. time visiting the area and staying at this hotel. I have stayed at all the largest hotels in the area (business) for over 20 years but chose this one again for vacation because it is comfortable, clean, friendly and personable. Great staff and geared more towards a quiet and relaxing time with my family. Tip: take a room facing inside.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the breakfast as well.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.
Scotts Valley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

What a find! If in Simi Valley, stay here. Impressive lobby. Staff was very pleasant. Easily arranged for early check in so my wife could take special medication on time in privacy of room. Room was spacious. Air conditioning is efficient and cooled room quicker from overhead duct vent. Nothing blowing the curtain into the room and making noise all night as is typical in most hotels. Bathroom was a little small, but quite functional. There was a wet bar in room with sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. TV vanity added to decor, which overall was very tasteful. Room door is lightly loaded so it doesn't slam back onto your suitcase. I liked that. Fabulous breakfast on linen table cloths. Breakfast room had a restaurant feel, and was not a typical breakfast room. Menu included made to order omelets with lots of ingredients, finger waffle sticks, sausage, potatoes, fruit galore, cereal, pastries, yogurt, juice and more. Coffee is served by staff. Just Fabulous!!! It's the best breakfast in a Best Western Plus we have ever experienced. Central pool and patio area is well themed and inviting and serves as a central courtyard. Free parking and easy access to room from ADA spaces was helpful for us. A restaurant next door (just feet away) is good place for dinner, or to get something to bring back to room as I did. We would definitely stay here again. It will be our "go to" place in Simi Valley

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. We look forward to serving your travel needs in the future!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our destination had been the nearby Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, but we arrived too late in the day to see it all and wanted to spend some more time there. This Best Western wes nearby and was quite pleasant. The PLUS in the name meant nicer than average accomodations and an enhanced breakfast, including several hot items. We enjoyed our stay here very much.The rooms are well card for and the grounds are lovely also. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all of the amenities. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Newburyport, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Posada Royale for three nights. The location was great, not far from the freeway and a few miles down the same road as the Reagan Library. A mall, a large Target and supermarkets are nearby.

The only downside is the outside room entrances on many rooms - which technically would make it a motel. Rooms are a little dated, but clean and tidy.

Their pool is very nice, and the free breakfast was by far the best other than Embassy Suites ( and equal to that). The location is great, the price is very reasonable, I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again soon.
Saint George, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We recently spent one night at this hotel. After reading all of the reviews, I think my expectations were set a little too high which leads to disappointment. However, it is a nice motel as far as accomodations go. The room was large enough, the bed was comfortable and it was clean....however, I just didn't like the place. They do accept pets but I wouldn't say they are "pet friendly"....after reading the pet contract, I couldn't help but wonder why they even accepted dogs. We stayed at many hotels this summer (about 25) and all of them had pet contracts....this one was just offfensive to me for some reason. I would not stay at this hotel again because of this so I can't really recommend it, but if you are not traveling with a pet it is fine....the grounds are very pretty but hard to enjoy if you have a dog with you....very few places on the property they are allowed and they can't be left in the room. The staff was nice and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
POSADADHS, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better pet friendly experience for guests in the future.
Since our pet contract was the only issue you had with our hotel. I will go over it with my staff and we will find out what could be offensive to you as our guest.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Posada Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!