“good stay even while under construction!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Seattle
“good stay even while under construction!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

this hotel is in a good location - great pool area too!
they are doing a remodel so a little noisy and dusty but not a big problem.
i have stayed there a few times and it always good. it will shine when they get the breakfast area out of the lobby and back in a bigger room!

Try Toppers Pizza next door if you want to watch the game and have some good pizza!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the construction was not too much of a bother. And we agree the pizza at Toppers is amazing!

Please visit us again soon so you can enjoy our completely renovated hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fort Myers, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Many nights spent in hotels in this general area has made me appreciate any hotel that gets the basics right. This one does. Staff was pleasant, room and facilities are ok, but worn. I noted many rooms under renovation.

Price was very good for the area, and this hotel was a very good value. Area around the hotel is good for stores, restaurants.

Room Tip: Highway noise is always an issue in SoCal. Interior rooms overlook pool. Backside of properly seemed...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that we were able to provide a comfortable stay. We are currently under renovation and are doing many upgrades to our rooms as well as the rest of the hotel. I hope that you will visit us again soon to experience the exciting changes!
Lancashire, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed just 1 night in a Jacuzzi room. I didn't use the jacuzzi and found it overwhelmed the bedroom with its size. I suppose if you're a fan of them then that would be OK for you.

There's a nice pool in the courtyard but i didn't have time to use it. Standard HIE breakfast spread was what I expected.

Overall, fine for a short stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was just OK. We are currently under renovation were we are installing new Jacuzzi's in our suites. I hope that you will visit us again soon to experience all of the exciting changes we are making at the hotel!
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had decided to stay one night at a local hotel while my home furnace was being worked on. I booked a king size bed room at the Holiday Inn Express. When I checked in, the room was a double queen facing the noise of the freeway. Once I had the room changed, the noise went away but it was still a double queen. My night was restless and the pillow were terrible. The included breakfast was okay but lacking in quality and variety. The outdoor pool and spa looked inviting but I simply didn't have time to use them.

Room Tip: Book early if you can. Rooms on the north side face the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad the front desk was able to move you away from the noise. I understand it can be frustrating when a room with a King bed is unavailable. And I apologize the pillows were not comfortable. We will be purchasing new pillows in the next quarter as well as new mattresses. I hope you stay with us again to experience all of the new upgrades to our property!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stay at Holiday Inn Expresses quite frequenty and this one was inline with my other experiences. It's an older hotel that has renovated. The pool is actaully very nice on the interior of the rooms but an outdoor pool, spa. If you only like super nice/new hotels, you won't like this one. But you also arn't shopping at Holiday Inn Express. Its a solid hotel in a very nice area. We spent the day in Malibu, it took us about an hour and the road from Simi Valley to Malibu was a very unique moutain road.

Room Tip: They uprgaded me to King with whirlpool suite. If you have status with IHG ask for it if you want.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you visit us again soon!
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were so pleased to find a room in this hotel as were visiting friends in Simi Valley and this
gave us a great place to stop. We wanted to see Hearst Castle on the way and the Regan Museum once there, but the weather was so nice, no fog - that everyone was out sight-seeing.
We went to the park where our friend had put my husband's name on a plaque from their Viet-
Nam days so we had a wonderful visit with our friends and we will need to come back when we
have more time. This hotel was comfortable clean, with large rooms and I would recommend it
as a good place to stay so you can visit the Regan Museum and the area.

Room Tip: This hotel is pet friendly with a deposit.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to visit the Reagan Library. We hope you visit us again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!