“OK Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Lancashire, England
“OK Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed just 1 night in a Jacuzzi room. I didn't use the jacuzzi and found it overwhelmed the bedroom with its size. I suppose if you're a fan of them then that would be OK for you.

There's a nice pool in the courtyard but i didn't have time to use it. Standard HIE breakfast spread was what I expected.

Overall, fine for a short stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was just OK. We are currently under renovation were we are installing new Jacuzzi's in our suites. I hope that you will visit us again soon to experience all of the exciting changes we are making at the hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Simi Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had decided to stay one night at a local hotel while my home furnace was being worked on. I booked a king size bed room at the Holiday Inn Express. When I checked in, the room was a double queen facing the noise of the freeway. Once I had the room changed, the noise went away but it was still a double queen. My night was restless and the pillow were terrible. The included breakfast was okay but lacking in quality and variety. The outdoor pool and spa looked inviting but I simply didn't have time to use them.

Room Tip: Book early if you can. Rooms on the north side face the freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad the front desk was able to move you away from the noise. I understand it can be frustrating when a room with a King bed is unavailable. And I apologize the pillows were not comfortable. We will be purchasing new pillows in the next quarter as well as new mattresses. I hope you stay with us again to experience all of the new upgrades to our property!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stay at Holiday Inn Expresses quite frequenty and this one was inline with my other experiences. It's an older hotel that has renovated. The pool is actaully very nice on the interior of the rooms but an outdoor pool, spa. If you only like super nice/new hotels, you won't like this one. But you also arn't shopping at Holiday Inn Express. Its a solid hotel in a very nice area. We spent the day in Malibu, it took us about an hour and the road from Simi Valley to Malibu was a very unique moutain road.

Room Tip: They uprgaded me to King with whirlpool suite. If you have status with IHG ask for it if you want.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you visit us again soon!
Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were so pleased to find a room in this hotel as were visiting friends in Simi Valley and this
gave us a great place to stop. We wanted to see Hearst Castle on the way and the Regan Museum once there, but the weather was so nice, no fog - that everyone was out sight-seeing.
We went to the park where our friend had put my husband's name on a plaque from their Viet-
Nam days so we had a wonderful visit with our friends and we will need to come back when we
have more time. This hotel was comfortable clean, with large rooms and I would recommend it
as a good place to stay so you can visit the Regan Museum and the area.

Room Tip: This hotel is pet friendly with a deposit.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to visit the Reagan Library. We hope you visit us again soon!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Checked in to join some friends for 2 nights and am so impressed with just about every aspect that I'm staying here for a further week!! I've absolutely no financial connection with this superb lodge but, as a seasoned traveller, I'd recommend it to anybody!!
Professional, polite & helpful staff, spacious comfortable room, excellent breakfast far in excess of expectations and so much more! I'm really pleased my friends' chose this hotel; accolades should be awarded to all those who have contributed to my enjoyable break! Lord Hamilton of Glencoe

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you Lord Hamilton for your review. We enjoyed your stay with us and we are very happy that you had a wonderful time. Our team looks forward to your next visit!!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

There really is nothing positive that I can write about this hotel other than the man at the front desk that check us in to our rooms was very polite. The hotel is old and torn apart for renovations, the beds were not comfortable, the breakfast was average at best and the rooms are overpriced. We were also never told that half the hotel was under construction.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that you were not notified ahead of time about our renovation. I hope that after our upgrades are complete, that you will give us a chance to provide a much more enjoyable stay!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!