“Honestly this is a bad restaurant. My family and I are really observative on what going on when we go out to dinner and we expe” 3 of 5 stars
Review of El Pollo Norteno

Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 233 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Horrible. I asked for tacos and the two of asada were delicious but the two of "tripa " were raw and chewy and terrible! I asked the Guy at the cashier what was going on and I told him my tacos were terrible and I didn't pay for this crap so he kindly said he would replace them. When he was about to do that the book took away my plate from the cashier and threw my tacos (with onions cilantro lemon and salsa on the grill to cook them more! Nasty! I got up from my chair payed for my drink and my family's dinner and did not pay for the terrible tacos! So horrible! Don't go here! There's other Mexican restaurants that are delicious like the new "Los tacos locos " or "taqueria jalisco #2 " in simi valley as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

The meat is so juicy. Everyone is nice. A favorite in my family's eyes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ventura, California
“On my top 10 list in Simi Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

If you like great grilled chicked and tri tip you cannot pass this place up. El Pollo Norteno is on our frequent dining list.

Visited December 2011
Simi Valley
“Amazing Tri-tip and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

You can't expect anything fancy here, but you're gauranteed great food. They have a simple menu with tri-tip and chicken (plates and burritos) and that's all that they need. I have been challenged to find a better flavored burrito in town. You leave stuffed for a very reasonable price. My only complaint is that I would like a little more salsa with my chips.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Simi Valley
“Cheap but Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2008

Love the tri-tip, very tender and juicy. Prices are fantastic and the service is quick and efficient. It's a great no hassle, no frills local spot that is family run! Super lunch spot.