“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Hyderabad, India
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

ESA in Simi is a pleasant stay for me. I was on a business project proposal stayed there for 2 months and I never ever thought out of place.
Friendly staff, lovely environment, limited but very good facilities which made me assure the value for money that I was getting out of it.
Just newly painted on the exterior this hotel is no different than any other High rated places to stay in America.

Loved it !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us. We're thrilled you found our associates to be friendly and a great value. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I gotta tell ya, maybe I've been gone from CA too long, or maybe it really happened. The staff seemed like a cast from Twilight Zone. How could we otherwise explain all the "aura" talk, giggling, senseless talking, and ramblings. Housekeeping entered our room, when no service was scheduled. Nothing was taken, it was all innocent, but still - I mean - c'mon! Stay out of my room, will you? No pool. Soda and snack vending in the laundry room, but otherwise a bit bland. Free morning grab and go breakfast in the lobby. No BBQs outside, no outdoor seating. Not even a place for smokers to butt, so they are all over the parking lot. Great big room. Nice kitchen, nice bathroom, nice was all we needed. Our room (212) was the largest suite on the floor. Although not officially marked as an ADA room, it has all the rails and such that you normally see in one. Coffee maker with coffee, toaster, microwave, refrigerator, oven and stove with vent hood. The bed was comfortable but the sheets seemed too small for the King. Nice fold-out couch converts to a queen bed, and a comfortable recliner, too. All-in-all a very nice room, clean and well appointed. We'd stay here again, that's for sure. Just ignore the alien staff. LOL

Room Tip: Get 112, 212 or 313. They are by far the biggest rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time write a review of you stay with us. We appreciate the positive comments about the property as a whole, we are still not pleased by the level of service that you experienced by out associates. We are going to have additional training to address the concerns in your review. If you would like to discuss the issues further, please contact me James, at jburpo@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is a transformed hotel and what a job they did! It used to be a shabby little place for the local homeless to stay. I heard it had been updated and since I enjoy the brand I decided to give it a try. Wow, I was completely thrilled. The staff is so caring and efficient. They were very welcoming and I felt like they really did care about how my visit was! The rooms and common areas are immaculate. Great job to all!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time write such a fantastic review abou your stay and most importantly the level of service that was provided by our associates. We're thrilled that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was at Extended Stay America – Simi Valley, because my house in Wood Ranch was having repair work done. I was very pleased with everything I encountered at this hotel. It looks inviting on the outside, clean grounds and well cared for. A very friendly staff checked me in, and my room was very clean, fresh smelling and modern in decor. Somebody has obviously put thought into this layout and I had everything I needed.
I felt safe for myself and also parking my car. There are laundry machines on site, soda vending, and a quick and easy breakfast, selection of coffee flavors, assorted delicious muffins, granola bars, oatmeal and scrumptious fresh red apples and oranges.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfuld review of your most recent stay with us in Bakersfield. It's great to hear that the entire staff provided such excellent service to you during your stay. We cannot be happier when we receive such positive comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was my second time coming here, and I am glad that I came back. The first time, I received great customer service from manager Verica, and front desk workers Christine and Norman, and this time, I also received the same service from all of them. I was offered basket with some shampoo, razors, and a toothbrush at the front desk. Nice touch for those who forget the toothbrush & toothpaste and are staying for night or two. The rooms are excellent. Clean, clean and clean! My hats off to their housekeeping staff! The best part of the rooms are that they come with kitchens complete with pots/pans and utensils, so it's just like being home. This hotel is not the cheapest in the area but best for the value, I would look forward to returning here and will keep in mind for friends visiting, etc.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st & 2nd floors, half of 3rd is smoking!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I needed a hotel that could fulfill three very important needs: I wanted a room that I could smoke in, that I could bring my dog with me and one that didn't require me to go up and down stairs. I first found that at Motel 6 but they stiffed me with an upstairs room that was very inaccessible. the room also had only one electrical outlet next to the tv. I hated it. I looked up other hotels in the area and came across Extended Stay. This place is like a palace compared to Motel 6. I know, you get what you pay for but the rates at Extended stay are pretty reasonable considering the room has a full size refrigerator, a two burner stove, sink, dishes, etc. I highly recommend it especially if you need a week or so stay between homes or whatever,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
It was nice of you to take the time to have positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It's always great to get the feedback from our valued guests, like you. Some places run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we think that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. We are glad you and your dog enjoyed your stay with us.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have stayed at other Simi Valley hotels and this is the top notch. They are professional, friendly and very helpful. Our room had no issues unlike some of the other locations we have stayed in Simi. Their location is somewhat out of the way, on the east side of Simi, but even traveling alone one would feel safe, also something we cannot say for the other locations in the area. The Grab and Go breakfast is superb unless you prefer the powdered eggs served at the Holiday Inn, or the runny plated Yogurt at the Grand Vista. All sarcasm aside we have to say that we fully enjoyed our visit at this location. We will definitely be back at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It gives us great pleasure to read such great comments. Our breakfast is a new feature, so we are happy that you enjoyed it. The staff and I are incredibly proud of this property; thank you for your kind words about it!

We appreciate your staying with us, and hope to see you again. Please contact us directly should you need assistance with a reservation. We are hear to help.

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!