“Great place to get away and relax with family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yuba River Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sierra City
Yuba River Inn
You added Yuba River Inn to your Saves list
510 Main Street, PO Box 236, Sierra City, CA 96125   |
San Clemente, California
“Great place to get away and relax with family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I just spent 5-nights at the Yuba River Inn with my large family (5-kids, 1- son in law, 1-grandson and several guests came and went). We had 3-cabins amongst us and had plenty of space and enjoyed the basic comforts of home. My daughter and son-in-law had gone the previous 2-years and encouraged us to bring the entire family up for our annual family vacation. The cabins were clean, well stocked with the basics and were a close walk or a very short drive into Sierra City. The Yuba River was a very short walk from our cabins and we had more than enough activities to keep a large group busy for the entire time. Within a 30-45 minute drive you have the Lakes Basin area and a long stretch of the Yuba River to explore with good fishing, swimming holes and stretches to inner tube. Pet friendly as well.
For someone who stays in Starwood properties on a weekly basis for business travel, this is not that type of stay. It is clean and rustic. If you don't expect too much or think you are staying in a resort you should be very happy with your stay.
Rick, the owner, helps when and where needed and let's you enjoy your stay. Good value for your money. We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

A must do for anyone who loves hiking, fishing, biking, 4 wheeling or just relaxing in the mountains with out the crowds! Nice cabins and fabulous grounds. Lots of wildlife to enjoy and river access. Great little town a couple blocks away for dining after a fun day in the great outdoors. Many beautiful lakes very close by.

• Stayed August 2013
Applegate, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Growing up in the Sierra foothills I know my Gold Mininng Towns. I recently stayed at the Yuba River Inn with a group of friends and it was awesome. Sierra City has a classic small (and I do mean small) town feel and The Yuba River Inn extends that type of hospitality to its guests. The cabins were clean and offered peace and quiet. The Yuba River is a short hike from the Inn with plenty of swimming holes and fish laying in wait. A talk with the Inn owner is like a talk with a neighbor and his knowledge of the area can lead you to some amazing spots. With the Sierra Buttes nearby scenery is abundant and some short drives can get you to high mountain lakes. Overall a great experience and I will be going back. Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center available but I'd take a hike to the river for a swim over an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Bruno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We would have easily rated this place a 5 star. Great place to get away from it all and if you have a dog, so far, we have not had a better place to stay. The cabin was clean and had all necessities along with the privacy, beautiful surroundings and a backyard for the puppy...everything we were looking for. The river was a short walk away. We had the Ponderosa which is one of their two larger cabins with a back yard. Rick the owner was very pleasant, nice and helpful. The reason they lost the 5 star rating was because when we got home, we found out that our daughter called for us while we were there (no cell phone or wifi service available), she said it was kind of an emergency but we never got the message...that is scary to me...what if it was a BIG emergency... I would have been livid that I never got the message?! Also, for all of you out there looking, don't mistake a 5 star rating for a "cabin" stay with a 5 star rating at a hotel or resort stay....totally different - you need to come down to earth a few notches and if you do, you'll have a pleasant stay :). Overall, we had great stay at the Yuba River Inn and would return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I (and our dog) spent three nights in this cabin resort. We rented the Alder cabin. It is ideal for three persons (but can accommodate 4). It was spacious and well-furnished. It has a kitchenette stocked with utensils, dinner sets, etc. It has a good, spacious bathroom with hot/cold shower. The resort is good-sized, very quiet, cabins are far enough from each other. The place is also dog-friendly (with a fee per night). I don't mind coming back to this place or recommending it to a friend. It has a website and you ought to call them because the website won't allow you online reservation.

Room Tip: This is a rustic cabin resort, so don't expect amenities like air-conditioner, bath tub, flat-sc...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I used the Yuba River Inn as our base for exploring the Gold Lakes Basin area. It's located on the north end of Sierra City. Not much to Sierra City besides a couple of restaurants and their general store. (When you go in the store, you'll see dozens of boxes waiting for the Pacific Crest Trail hikers.)

We arrived at Yuba River Inn after 8:00 pm and Rick, the owner, had left on note on the office door saying he'd be back soon. So we went down to our cabin where the key was in the door. Everything was clean and freshly stocked. Plenty of towels and kitchenware. Only complaint was that it was hot and it would have been nice to have air conditioning or a ceiling fan.

I went back into to town looking for coffee for the morning, but the store was closed. I saw a man across the street and asked him when the store would open. He asked what I needed and I said coffee. He asked where I was staying and I said, "Yuba River Inn". He said, "That's MY place! What kind of coffee would you like, Starbucks or Peets"? An hour later, he came by the cabin with a bag of ground Peets coffee. Gives you a feel for how small the town is and how friendly and helpful the owner is.

We definitely will stay there next time we're back in the Gold Lakes area.

Room Tip: Choose one with a deck if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
campbell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our cabin was perfect, we were greeted by tubs of flowers at our doorstep, wildflowers on the table, and the gurgling noises of the river. It was secluded, yet there was additional privacy in the back with fenced areas. Staying here and spending a day at the Big Springs Gardens, which was minutes away, was a perfect getaway. If you like line dried linens and accommodating owners, you will not be disappointed. Even when you leave your favorite pillow behind, they are gracious and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for Aspen.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Yuba River Inn? Share your experiences!