“skeptical but open minded?” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Anselmo Vineyards cloaks 15 acres of the ranch and includes a first class wine tasting room. We proudly serve three reds, a bold Cabernet Sauvignon, a full bodied Merlot and a smooth blend we call Majorette. Our wines are always served along with good conversation and fabulous fine dining experience, and complemented by views of sprawling green pastures.
Mount Shasta, California
“skeptical but open minded?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

sunday afternoon brunch. I saw this site and was second guessing myself for trying anmselmo vineyards but I was pleasantly surprised and quite relieved by our meal, the service, and the ambiance. But happy to say it was really a good experience and we will definitely be back!! Food and service was top notch, and the grounds were beautiful also! There were butterflies everywhere which enhanced our experience. We didn't have to remind the staff for anything or feel that they were not there to make our meal awesome! We had a party of four In which I had the eggs benedict with filet mignon, My girl had the jonessy loco moco, Son had the club sandwhich [awesome looking}, and his girlfriend had the French toast w/almond whip cream. We shared and we thought it was very, very good. Our kids are studying culinary and we all were very impressed and pleased with our experience. top notch! and will be back!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Reno, Nevada
“Won't ever go back....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My wife and I were going to our grandsons graduation from the Shasta Fire Academy. We wanted to have a great lunch before the ceremony. We stopped at the Anselmo Vineyards winery. The waitress was very polite and her service was acceptable. When we asked her to recommend a good wine paring to go with a dinner that we would attend with some friends in the area she recommended a nice Cab. The taste that she provided was acceptable. We bought a bottle. We are a retired couple living on Social Security and occasionally splurge on the finer things in life. She said that the bottle would cost us $55.00. We agreed and left the vineyard not understanding why the label on the bottle wasn't from Anselmo. We later found out that the same bottle, same year wine could be bought at Safeway for $14.00. We feel very taken advantage of and feel that it is indeed criminal what they are doing. We will never go back there, nor recommend the place to our friends......

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Keno, Oregon
“Humiliating experience - won't go back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

On the way back from Lassen Park in the afternoon, we saw the sign on the highway that said "Anselmo Vineyards, Wine Tasting Tuesday - Saturday" so we decided to stop and sample and buy wine. We first encountered a sign that said "NO motorcycles" which we laughed about. We got out and approached the front doors of the tasting room, but never made it in the door because a woman came out and accosted us on the sidewalk and informed us that we couldn't come in because they had a strict dress code and we were not dressed appropriately. There were no other cars/patrons there, and it was about 2:00 in the afternoon. Puzzled, we asked, "what is the dress code?" because we were dressed casually but neat and appropriate for our ages of 60-70 years old. The woman answered that the men needed shirts with collars, and, glancing our our clothing, "the women must be dressed nice". I looked on my Iphone after we left and the dress code that is described for the restaurant (we were not going for dinner, just afternoon wine tasting) states "no collarless shirts, no shorts hanging below your knees (sagging pants), no tank tops, no hats with brims facing backwards, no tattoos, no piercings, no motorcycles...." and more. The message was obvious - you riff-raff tourists are NOT welcome here. That's fine - I'm not one to give my money to haughty, rude snobs who look down their noses at regular folks, or who embarrass potential customers. For the record - we were not tattooed, pierced, not wearing hats backward, not wearing tank tops nor exposing our midriffs nor our butt cracks (we are after all in our mid-sixties!) and not riding motorcycles. We talked to a local Shingletown businessman who gave us brochures to another nearby winery and said, "this winery is very friendly and pleasant to tourists - they will appreciate your business." I will definitely NEVER buy a bottle of wine with an Anselmo label and am spreading the word among my wine-drinking friends to also boycott this label. My final comment is that I do understand dress codes, and I would recommend that this owner display his elitist preferences on a sign on the highway next to the "Wine Tasting" sign, saying "Strict dress code enforced if you expect to taste wine" so that you don't embarrass and humiliate drop-in customers who actually believe that the "Wine Tasting" sign is an invitation.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redding, California
“Very bad attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was my first and only trip to Anselmo Vineyards. It is a beautiful area, however, the pompous attitude of certain staff is unacceptable. The first sign you see upon arrival is NO MOTORCYCLES. There are no dress code signs so when you arrive inside, they then tell you whether or not you meet the dress code embarrassing you in front of other guests. My grandson had on a normal everyday tee shirt. They stated they would have to get permission from the manager to allow him to come in. As we stood waiting, another gentleman came in with a party and he was immediately seated in his plain tee shirt. They seem to be quite discriminating. The food is very high priced, good but not great. The service staff was very polite and hard working but certainly will not drive to the foothills outside Redding for about 45 minutes to be insulted by the hostess.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Redding, California
“My Favorite Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

What a hidden treasure!
The grounds, the buildings, and even the foods are beautiful. The staff is welcoming and professional. And about the food? Delicious. Absolutely divine. It is served so beautifully that one hates to cut into it, but when you do, you will find the tastes and textures are perfect.
My favorite place to dine!

Visited April 2014