“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Arroyo Grande, California
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

It was a little crowded, so we were sat "out back" in the "back yard". That was OK... the yard is a little sloping, but it had some nice sunshine, and the servers were doing a great job; quite attentive. The breakfast was very good, and there was a lot to choose from on the menu. Prices were fair, and the location was terrific (1/4 mile from the Pacific ocean). You won't be disappointed here. The 7-grain pancakes were very tasty, as was the scrambled eggs and generous portion of crispy bacon. Parking is on the street, so be careful... it is a busy street.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pismo Beach, California
“The best Mexican food for miles and miles!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I have searched for almost 30 years for a Mexican restaurant that served breakfast that included chili verde omelets again. I could not wait to get to Zorro's when I saw it on the menu. Our waitress was very friendly and our food was served hot and quick. My entree included perfect rice and beans, not overpowering, just enough to really accent the entree. Plus hot tortillas to mop it up with. I swooned over the first bite of chili verde omelet in years. It was perfection. My husband cleaned his plate - a traditional chili rellano and eggs breakfast. His eggs were exactly cooked to order and the rellano had obviously been grilled over flamed before being stuffed with cheese and cooked. Yum.

At the end of our meal the owner came to introduce herself and ask how we had enjoyed our meal. I told her how happy and pleased I was and could not wait to return and taste more. May I say that she obviously wants her diners to leave happy, and if any of the few who felt they did not have a good experience had just said something, she would have made it right immediately. She is the type of intimate owner I like to get to know in a small town.

There is both indoor-outdoor dining and while there are heaters outside, wonderfully thick Mexican blankets are provided to keep you bundled up. You are welcome to bring your dog while you dine outside, something we intend to do the next time we go. In fact we noted a water bowl for dogs at the front gate. Nice.

I feel like I've found a little hidden treasure and although I'm telling you about it, I hope it stays just like it is - small, personable with great meals.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Do I Dare Say Tacarona?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I probably did not spell Tacarona correctly and am not even sure I should advertise this since it will only cause more people to want to visit this great little restaurant in Shell Beach-BUT evey night they offer $2 tacos (that are great!) and $2 Coronas between 5 and 6 PM-wonderful chips and salsa and the service is the best!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Simi Valley, California
“Great Spot!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a find for breakfast! Had chorizo and egg burrito (had bacon instead of chorizo) with rice and beans. Huge and delish! Hubby had sausage breakfast croissant with fruit. He had them use italian sausage. It was a whole sausage split down the center. HUGE sandwich. We probably could have split them.... but each wanted to try something different. A great spot for breakfast. The rest of their menu looks great too.

Visited February 2012
San Luis Obispo, California
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Zorro's has some of the best breakfast food in San Luis Obispo county! They serve both American style as well as some Mexican inspired breakfast dishes, as well as lunch and sometimes dinner! The quaint little restaurant is always warm on the patio even on foggy days (yay heaters!) and there is also inside seating. You can't go wrong with the chile verde omlete or anything that comes with a zucchini muffin! Great great food. I go here at least once a month!

Visited February 2012