“Excellent service, wonderful food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Downey, California, United States
“Excellent service, wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I were visiting the area one weekend and after doing some shopping, we saw the Cattlemens Restauant sign nearby. When we arrived at the restaurant, we saw that there was a 20 minute wait. However the hostess suggested we could wait at the bar area and have some drinks. Right away a server arrived and offered us appetizers and drinks. They also arranged for our bar tab to be transferred to the regular restaurant tab. I had the "legendary margarita" and it was delicious, one of the best margaritas I've ever had. The appetizers were excellent and wish I could have had more, but I had to leave room for dinner. My husband had the prime rib and it was perfect. I had the half slab of baby back ribs that were cooked to perfection. Our waitress/server was very friendly and very accomodating. Even the manager came by to say hello and make sure that our meal was to our liking. We couldn't have been more pleased with the food and service.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
“Great beef but that's all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had dinner here on Mother's Day. When we arrived, without reservations and were told we would have to wait 50 minutes for a table, my husband was ready to head out the door. I, having been there before, however, persuaded him to stay. We were finally greeted by our server and I was handed a long-stemmed rose for Mother's day as we were shown to a table in a quieter area in the restaurant (the restaurant is noisy). We ordered off the fixed price Mother's Day menu. I ordered a shrimp cocktail, the filet mignon with a salad and baked potato with cheesecake for dessert. My husband had the ribs and similar sides and chocolate cake. Well, the shrimp was soggy, the salad nothing special, the potato okay and the desserts ordinary. The meat was incredible in every way, cooked to order, very tender and delicious. Basically, I would recommend ordering lots of meat and skip everything else!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Cattlemens, Selma,Ca is so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I visited Cattlements in Selma, Ca for a steak dinner. My wife and I like Filet Mignon cooked Medium. Mine came Medium Rare. My wife's came in Rare.
My wife sent hers back to the kitchen. It came back Medium Rare.
She sent it back to the kitchen a second time. It came back Medium Rare again.
Do they know how to cook steak ?
The only good thing was they offered my wife's meal for free and a free dessert.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kingsburg, CA
“Good food big portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Started with the obligatory tumbleweed onion. Had ribeye and fries. They try to get you to add sides and extras that all have a separate charge so make sure you know the additional prices.

Visited January 2013
Apache Junction, Arizona
“Excellent food for a very special night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cattlemen's is one of my favorite restaurants but because of the price I can only go a couple of times a year, birthdays. The food is always the best. The price's maybe on the high side but this is a place where you truly get what you pay for

Visited October 2012